Author Topic: Ville Valo (in general)  (Read 6325 times)

Offline Jerry Lee

• It's Love Cancer baby
  • A Fucking Legend
  • I love my Sacrament sweethearts! :-)
Ville Valo (in general)
« on: April 11, 2006, 02:53:21 PM »
Alright, so I had this wicked dream last night, and this thread was created by someone else. But I do not know if it will be able to stay here for much longer, but it would be kind of cool if it did.

It is made... well like it sounds. Talk about the things in general of what you like about him or what he has done for you. I love the whole band of HIM, but I am just obsessed with the way Ville knows how to write and save lives as he does it.

To be honest... in the past I had a bad life, each time I was thinking stupid, this man's poetic lyrics put in better thoughts. I just wish I could find the best way of thanking him.

Offline mic_s

Re: Ville Valo (in general)
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 02:57:12 PM »
Ville is a great singer, and a pretty down-to-earth person it seems. I like how certain groups of people may give HIM a load of abuse (see download festival bootleg), yet Ville just shrugs it off.

I don't like his reckless attitude towards alcohol though, he drinks a stupid amount of the stuff.

Offline robertzombie

• Made Man
  • Long term member...
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 03:48:50 PM »
we do have a "random him bullshit thread" :-\

Offline Jerry Lee

• It's Love Cancer baby
  • A Fucking Legend
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2006, 10:20:38 PM »
I really like it when he screams (mainly at the Tavastia show o4)

Offline cosmic pope

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2006, 10:47:44 PM »
we do have a "random him bullshit thread" :-\

I can see this as being a legitimate seperate thread.  Sorry dude.

I don't like his reckless attitude towards alcohol though, he drinks a stupid amount of the stuff.

True. Also the amount he smokes isn't such a hot idea, seeing as how he is asthmatic.  Speaking from personal experience, cigarettes + asthma = fucking stupid. ( I say this even though I'm asthmatic and smoke a pack+ per day). 

Offline Ziggy18

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2006, 12:20:33 PM »
I like this thread, i never really thought what Valo did for me.   Well for one if it weren't for him i wouldn't love to sing, i sing in my room everyday.  Also i wouldn't be wrtinng lyrics about certain issues he wrties about.  Also he showed me that he's really down to earth and a nice person in general.  When i met him or talked to him on the phone or in person.  He was so nice.  I said to him "i can't believe i'm meeting you"  back in the first US tour, he replied by "it's a plessure meeting you to" and shoock my hand.  His voice is so amazing and he's just an all around great idol to have.  Don't think his drinking or smoking is a problem that much really.

The only thing that is wrong with him is he doesn't give him self as much credit as much as he deserves.  He's such a talented musician and he thinks, oh it's an allright song or something.
Run Away From The Sun

Offline vtioldlde

• Associate
  • its been some time
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2006, 02:03:10 PM »
as far as Valo not giving himself enough credit.
well would you want him to be like david lee roth??
Thats his way of staying down to earth

The Laundry Boyz 4 lyfe!
R.I.P John Scully

Offline Ziggy18

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2006, 06:12:38 PM »

that's true about being down to earth.  But all i know about david lee roth is he has somethin to do with van halen. lol
Run Away From The Sun

Offline Alone I Break

• Te Amo mi amor con todo mi corazon
  • Mobbed Up
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2006, 07:39:43 PM »

that's true about being down to earth.  But all i know about david lee roth is he has somethin to do with van halen. lol
thats were you two fucks are wrong about valo

this cat is not down to earth at all i've talked to people that are really close to valo and he is so much into himself its sad.

Offline vtioldlde

• Associate
  • its been some time
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2006, 08:45:10 PM »
 you can tell he  is somewhat into himself he was on 4 covers of the cds counting alsn.

The Laundry Boyz 4 lyfe!
R.I.P John Scully

Offline Dylon Fujifilm

• forild'oh
  • Associate
  • everyone should eat jojo's
    • Deviant Art...Cause im asian like that
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2006, 09:33:28 PM »
yeah he does come up with some bad ass lyrics. but i really dont know how he does it... i remember in poison arrow he was always depressed and an outcast and he was encouraged to doodle in class. maybe that had something to do with it. but i herd some of his better songs were composed when he was wasted IE funeral of hearts...20 minutes to write
RIP Mac Dre
[img width= height=]http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/8705/vastsig0cl.jpg[/img]

Offline Jambo

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2006, 05:26:41 PM »
The man has good qualities, no matter which way you see it this message board wouldn't be here if it wasn't for him. Same could be said about every other member of the band though, although Ville has alot of the attention.

I think without a doubt he writes brilliant lyrics and is a very intelligent guy.

Offline Dylon Fujifilm

• forild'oh
  • Associate
  • everyone should eat jojo's
    • Deviant Art...Cause im asian like that
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2006, 08:13:25 PM »
and his name poses a big mystery haha, william light. but some people really cant pronounce his name, the chick from poison arrow called him veil
RIP Mac Dre
[img width= height=]http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/8705/vastsig0cl.jpg[/img]

Offline Jerry Lee

• It's Love Cancer baby
  • A Fucking Legend
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2006, 09:03:09 PM »
Yeah, that kind of pissed me off. But I do not want to sound like a typical HIM fan here. But he has actually saved my life, right when I thought "hmm my life is shit" I discovered the great band of HIM, and Ville's wonderful lyrics. He seriously pulled me out of a hole with the way he puts his words.

Having a psychiatrist is just out of the question, why pay over thousands of dollars, to someone you do not know, when you could by a CD for under 20 dollars and get the same help from a different person?
He is a miricle.

Offline vtioldlde

• Associate
  • its been some time
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2006, 02:14:24 PM »
yeah he does come up with some bad ass lyrics. but i really dont know how he does it... i remember in poison arrow he was always depressed and an outcast and he was encouraged to doodle in class. maybe that had something to do with it. but i herd some of his better songs were composed when he was wasted IE funeral of hearts...20 minutes to write

true true but foh had alot of meaning to it being that the song is for his grandmother,and anytime you mix the loss of somthing into lyrics its bound to be good.

The Laundry Boyz 4 lyfe!
R.I.P John Scully

Offline ForAllTid

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2006, 08:07:13 PM »
ummm I have no opinion on Ville. I dont really care about how cool he is or how uncool he his. He's a singer of a band i like, no more no less.

Offline villekiss

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2006, 04:40:01 PM »
your opinion :)
my opinion is that Ville Valo is Ville Valo  :P :P
H.I.M. !!! rocks !!!

VAMPYRYA

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2006, 02:32:28 PM »
OH MY POOR VILLE !
HE'S DYING SLOWLY 'CAUSE OF SMOKE AND BEERS,HE'S KILLING HIMSELF AND I'M SORRY TO EAR THAT.
I DON'T WANT TO LOSE HIM, I DON'T WANT TO BE LOST IN DARKNESS, LOST , WITHOUT HIS LIGHT

Offline yxsarvik

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2006, 05:24:18 PM »
I think Ville Valo being "into himself" is not meant as a bad thing.
It has a bad side and a good side.
I see he is being very critical of himself. Beats himself to work even better, write even better songs. And he has days of "I suck and my voice sucks!" At the same time he has the "do I look like I give a fuck" attitude...  "so I was drunk on stage and feel guilty, but, I was there... and it's what should matter to them!"

I think that's how he is.

Offline TheSacramentIsYou

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2006, 04:27:23 PM »
Yeah, that kind of pissed me off. But I do not want to sound like a typical HIM fan here. But he has actually saved my life, right when I thought "hmm my life is shit" I discovered the great band of HIM, and Ville's wonderful lyrics. He seriously pulled me out of a hole with the way he puts his words.

Having a psychiatrist is just out of the question, why pay over thousands of dollars, to someone you do not know, when you could by a CD for under 20 dollars and get the same help from a different person?
He is a miricle.
Totally understand you my friend. The band (including Ville) is just one of a kind.

Offline robertzombie

• Made Man
  • Long term member...
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2006, 04:56:17 PM »
so I was drunk on stage and feel guilty, but, I was there... and it's what should matter to them!"

I think that's how he is.

i don't think Ville "turning up to a gig" is all that matters

Offline synninviemaa66

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2006, 08:46:20 PM »
Everything about Ville is perfect, he does everything right entertains us all, and gives us someone to look up to.

But just yesterday watching Solitary Man live at the Dome, I realized how much he smokes. I mean his teeth in that video are the color of the smiley faces. Just when HIM ends, I don't want it to do with his health.

I love the man, and he's done a lot for me.

Offline ZomB

• The Rebel
  • Made Man
  • a lil' bit country & a lil' bit rock 'n' roll
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2006, 09:11:21 PM »
hes the sexiest man alive...and im not just talking about his looks. everything about him is sexy. hes a seductor with his looks, lyrics and voice.

Offline Errin

• Soul on Fire
  • Made Man
  • our heaven's worth the waiting
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2006, 11:51:43 AM »
yeah, you aint the only one. ;)

My heart's a graveyard baby...

Offline Jay

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2006, 04:20:34 PM »
I can't say I had a bad life or anything like that, because I didn't.  I can't say they helped me through some dark period of my life, because they didn't.  I hated the band, intially.  I downloaded everything I could find to see what the deal was, and hated it...that was until I realized that I hadn't changed the mix CD I made in over a month and knew just about all the lyrics. 

What impresses me most about the lyrics is the simple fact that English is not Ville's native language, yet he produces such beautiful work using it. 

Oh, and I guess I could mention that I think he's a cool motherfucker.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 04:29:51 PM by Jay »