Author Topic: what bands have you seen live?  (Read 19810 times)

Offline Jay

Re: what bands have you seen live?
« Reply #100 on: February 15, 2014, 12:47:42 PM »
Just saw Stone Sour (2nd time), Pop Evil (yuck...generic) Stolen Babies (interesting), and Drayter last night in Houston.  It was a good show overall.

Offline KissTheVoid

« Reply #101 on: October 07, 2014, 01:16:49 PM »
HIM
Avenged Sevenfold
Volbeat
All That Remains
Airbourne
Heaven's Basement
Robert Cray
Allen Stone

Offline regularwill

« Reply #102 on: October 09, 2014, 01:07:33 AM »
I just saw Nothing More, Volbeat, and Five Finger Death Punch(for the second time) live and that was amazing! I saw Brody Dalle, St. Vincent, and Queens of the Stone Age a few months ago and that was by far the best concert I've been to. Other bands I've seen are Panic! At The Disco, 10 Years, Puddle of Mudd, Lamb of God, White Chapel, Stick to Your Guns, Atreyu, In This Moment, Seether, A Day to Remember, Korn, and Rob Zombie. No, I have not seen HIM yet, but I'm taking care of that December 11th!

Offline slipperywhendead

« Reply #103 on: October 19, 2014, 11:49:34 AM »
HIM
Hurts (4x)
Anathema (2x)
Mötley Crüe
Crashdiet
Hardcore Superstar
Amorphis (3x)
Mayhem (2x)
Behemoth
To/Die/For
69 EYES (2x)
Saddolls
The Rasmus
Apocalyptica (2x)
Type O Negative

Im sure i was missing some...

Offline six6sixways2love

« Reply #104 on: December 15, 2014, 10:40:30 AM »
Just saw Cat Stevens last night. Last time he toured the US was 38 years ago, so it was indeed a magical experience. Still can't believe what I was able to witness. He sounds just as good as he did 40 years ago
"Drink a lot of whisky and shake my butt to some love metal" -Rasta666

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #105 on: December 15, 2014, 11:03:13 AM »
i was just watching live videos from Cat´s tour in Europe - and i was telling myself the same thing, he sings like 40 years ago, his voice barely changed, he is amazing , i love him

Offline six6sixways2love

« Reply #106 on: December 16, 2014, 01:24:01 AM »
I'm only 26, and the vast majority of people around my age have never heard of him, but he was at the top of my concert bucket list. I got really choked up during Father&Son and Where Do the Children Play, and of course First Cut is the Deepest.   I was hoping he was going to play 'Last Love Song' since he's done it on at a few other shows on the tour.

Which btw, add 'Last Love Song' the list of cover songs HIM should but never will cover. I'm going to cross post this thought

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #107 on: December 16, 2014, 01:57:17 AM »
i know him since i watched one skate video actually and there was Rodney Mullen´s part in the video with the song from Cat - If you want to sing out and i liked the song and the video too so it was so amazingly mixed that when Rodney did some totally nonsense terribly hard trick there was actual part of the song where Cat sings "its easy" that was hilarious! then i googled it back in the days by the lyrics and found out that yeah Cat Steves - altough i already knew the first cut is the deepest and of course Wild World

Offline KissTheVoid

« Reply #108 on: December 16, 2014, 02:45:44 AM »
One day I was listening to him and decided to just let all the stuff Spotify has run... and that guy doesn't have a single bad song. Besides the obvious popular songs I really like Lady D'Arbanville, Sad Lisa, and Hard Headed Woman. There is a movie called Harold and Maude that uses only Cat Stevens music that is kind of interesting. About a rich kid who is always faking his suicide and then going to his own fake funeral and an old lady who joyrides cars and then they fall in love. Fabulously odd.

Offline six6sixways2love

« Reply #109 on: December 16, 2014, 12:46:53 PM »
Maude is a classic!

And Lady D'Arbanville is one of my favorite songs, not just for Cat's disco, but of all music.

Offline six6sixways2love

« Reply #110 on: January 11, 2015, 04:37:13 PM »
Just saw the Foo Fighters for the first time last night. Probably witnessed one of the most amazing rock shows ever. 3 1/2hr set. Guest performances by Paul Stanley, Tenacious D & Slash, Alice Cooper, Nick Oliveri, Zakk Wylde, Perry Farrell, Trombone Shorty, David Lee Roth, Lemmy. Just absolute madness
http://www.setlist.fm/…/the-forum-inglewood-ca-5bcab724.html]Foo Fighters set list[/url]

Offline Jaded_Heart

• Picciotto
  • "One last caress from the corpse of love...."
« Reply #111 on: January 15, 2015, 10:23:17 PM »
I've seen an ass load of bands play since I'm probably the granny on the board. LOL.  I won't bore anyone with a list but I surprisingly went to a Pearl Jam concert with my HIM friend  - she's a giant PJ fan.  I didn't hardly know any of their music, but they really did put on a great entertaining show.  Never say never, right?

Offline KissTheVoid

« Reply #112 on: January 16, 2015, 03:18:35 AM »
I happen to have the same birthday as Eddie Vedder. Since I found out I jokingly wish him a happy birthday out loud at some point during the day almost as if he were actually there, because I am weird like that lol.

Offline Inferno

« Reply #113 on: December 15, 2016, 01:14:01 AM »
I saw Sonata Arctica the other night for the first time. They were great. Their opening acts were Jessikill, Omnium Gatherum, and Leaves' Eyes.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 01:15:09 AM by Inferno »
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/