Author Topic: Villes vocal range!  (Read 9071 times)

Offline Jack Sparrow

Re: Villes vocal range!
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2006, 06:50:34 PM »
hey hey cut it out you guys.    This doesnt have to be a topic for argue.    Some might like Ville's voice,  some dont.    Being a fan of HIM doesnt mean that you have to think Ville's voice is the best in all around the globe.    For example,   I'm a great HIM fan, and if someday see Ville and the band live I will surely crap my pants,    but that doesnt means that I think Ville is the greatest singer of all time.         Be cool guys!! every opinion is welcome!!

Take care!!  and cheers!!

And by the way.... happy weekend,   go easy with the beers!!

See ya!
<<>So Before Life Tears Us Apart Let Death Bless Me With You<>>

Offline autumn666

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2006, 04:31:20 PM »
If you think you are far too good for this site then why did you lower yourself to our level and come here in the first place? Also, why are you giving out orders in your first 15 posts? Nobody will even consider listening to you.
Ive already said, i dont know anything about forums and dont really give a shit to be honest. I just thought id make conversation with some dudes that like the same band as i do but i started gettin shit of some cunt
A cross upon her bedroom wall, from grace she will fall. An image burning in her mind, and between her thighs.

Offline Tired_Of_Sleep

• You Never Say What You Wanna say. You Only What You Think They Wanna Hear.
  • Picciotto
  • Born 2 Ride. Down 4 Life.
    • myspace
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2006, 05:48:50 PM »
axl rose is one of the greatest singers in rock history. I hope ville could be one of them 2

Dark_secret_lovr

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2006, 10:16:19 AM »
If you think you are far too good for this site then why did you lower yourself to our level and come here in the first place? Also, why are you giving out orders in your first 15 posts? Nobody will even consider listening to you.
Ive already said, i dont know anything about forums and dont really give a shit to be honest. I just thought id make conversation with some dudes that like the same band as i do but i started gettin shit of some cunt

like i said if you think Valo is one of the greatest lead singers of all time then there is something seriously wrong with you. He's good but not great. and i never said ville's voice was boring i said that at this time i find their music a bit boring i prefering listeing to other bands at the moment. I.E matisyahu he is great right adam?

EDIT

and believe me more then half this board agree with me
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 10:21:08 AM by When I love I love »

Offline robertzombie

• Made Man
  • Long term member...
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2006, 11:29:09 AM »
Even I do!

Well I don't know about this Matisyahu fella but yeah, Ville ain't that amazing.

Offline NEGATIVE nancy (freewm3)

• Associate
  • The only game I know is strip solitaire
    • My myspace
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2006, 07:14:52 PM »
axl rose is one of the greatest singers in rock history. I hope ville could be one of them 2
What in the hell are you talking about? axle rose sunds like a dying cat.  you may like them, but damn he is a terriable singer.

also, you should be able to tell if something is falsetto.....

Ville is a good singer, by far not the best.

Offline Jack Sparrow

« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2006, 07:22:31 PM »
  Come on!  gimme a break dude!    You desperately need to hear more music.   May I recommend hearing some  Queen.     Oh and by the way,  axl doesnt sing,  it happens to have a good throat and being a good screamer.     
<<>So Before Life Tears Us Apart Let Death Bless Me With You<>>

Offline whitetrashhobo

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2006, 07:23:55 PM »
ville HAD a good vocal range. i have yet to hear it for a long while. DL is a terrible example of his vocal skills. and live, well i havent heard anything from recent tours so if someone would be so kind as to PM me a recent live song that would be grand.

Offline autumn666

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2006, 09:13:07 PM »
ville HAD a good vocal range. i have yet to hear it for a long while. DL is a terrible example of his vocal skills. and live, well i havent heard anything from recent tours so if someone would be so kind as to PM me a recent live song that would be grand.
I was starting to think that, until i saw them in London September 2005. I couldnt believe what i was hearing, he was putting in these screams octaves and octaves higher than anything ive heard him do before, and his voice is also getting more rough and ruggid by the year, hes starting to remind me of Johnny Cash now
A cross upon her bedroom wall, from grace she will fall. An image burning in her mind, and between her thighs.

Offline Dylon Fujifilm

• forild'oh
  • Associate
  • everyone should eat jojo's
    • Deviant Art...Cause im asian like that
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2006, 08:02:27 PM »
I was starting to think that, until i saw them in London September 2005. I couldnt believe what i was hearing, he was putting in these screams octaves and octaves higher than anything ive heard him do before, and his voice is also getting more rough and ruggid by the year, hes starting to remind me of Johnny Cash now

well he is smoking a alot more than he used to (or i think) but it could be from the years and years of smoking and exhausting his vocal chords
RIP Mac Dre
[img width= height=]http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/8705/vastsig0cl.jpg[/img]

Offline LonelyRoad

• Goodfella
  • Associate
  • get sick!
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2006, 01:50:49 PM »
yea very true, but ive never heard his vocal range metioned in an interview or article or whatever, to me is easily the most talented singer of our day.

1. Ville's voice is unique. mostly because hes from Finland and has the accent.

2. Ville is NO WHERE NEAR "the most talented singer of our day." he is good. but that fucking good. come on. no need to suck up.

3. the band does infact sadly revolve around Ville. and its because everyone talks about him, wants to be him, has sigs with ONLY him, makes topics about him, buys a certain magazine when he's on the cover blah blah blah blah...

my favorite part about Ville singing live is how he melodically screams...my flavorite...

i would give my right fingernail for a poster of each individual band member. live/promo whatever. i'd love to have a full interview (in english) where the whole band talks. or but its the media. they arent gunna just bring Gas up on MTV and expect the same amount of viewers as they would if Ville was on there...they'd get the bamfags, the HIM fans, the groupies, the cuntsmackers and the jews. they love it. if it was just Gas, they'd get HIM fans and a few bamfags who heard the word "HIM" on tv and decided to jerk off to a bam poster and tune in...

Offline yxsarvik

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2006, 07:17:43 AM »

i would give my right fingernail for a poster of each individual band member. live/promo whatever. i'd love to have a full interview (in english) where the whole band talks. or but its the media. they arent gunna just bring Gas up on MTV and expect the same amount of viewers as they would if Ville was on there...they'd get the bamfags, the HIM fans, the groupies, the cuntsmackers and the jews. they love it. if it was just Gas, they'd get HIM fans and a few bamfags who heard the word "HIM" on tv and decided to jerk off to a bam poster and tune in...

Hm, what's all this got to do with Ville's vocal range?

And why are people so mean to the person who started the thread?
It's a HIM fan forum, right?  So fans can also talk about what a great singer he is.

I agree, btw... he is great. One of the most talented modern rock singers indeed. And in general one of the most unique voices in rock music that I've heard. Things he can do with his voice... I love it how he sounds different on every album and live.

Dark_secret_lovr

« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2006, 11:15:02 AM »
ill quote nick on this one

1. Ville's voice is unique. mostly because hes from Finland and has the accent.

now about us being mean to him is becuase of shit his started on other threads plus he is as smart as a fucking prune.

Offline LonelyRoad

• Goodfella
  • Associate
  • get sick!
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2006, 07:02:47 AM »

its got about as much to do with me sticking my dick in your ass...

NO reason...except i fucking wanted too...thas why...

i was on the subject so i fuckin put it there...

Offline Sparky

« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2006, 02:33:20 PM »
I dont believe Ville Valo is one of the best vocalists alive but i do believe his vocal capabilities are shown in "Lose You Tonight :Caravan Version"  ;D its a good ass song

Offline yxsarvik

« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2006, 12:15:23 PM »
Nice friendly people in here  ::)

Offline Alone I Break

• Te Amo mi amor con todo mi corazon
  • Mobbed Up
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2006, 09:57:49 PM »
that we are infact we are the friendliest assholes you will ever come across....

[/sarcasm]

Offline ForAllTid

« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2006, 01:13:49 AM »
Ville is good not great. There you have it. I dont think he is infact unique, i mean he doesnt do anything extraordinary. Just sings and shit.

Offline autumn666

« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2006, 07:48:30 PM »

And why are people so mean to the person who started the thread?
It's a HIM fan forum, right?  So fans can also talk about what a great singer he is.

I agree, btw... he is great. One of the most talented modern rock singers indeed. And in general one of the most unique voices in rock music that I've heard. Things he can do with his voice... I love it how he sounds different on every album and live.
Dude, theres some damn fools on here who aint got a clue, they think they can be smart with someone thats been a musician and studied the topic for close to a decade. Youve got some sense though mate. Cheers for the backup.
 And btw, to the guy/gal that told me to check out that Spanish band with the singer who has a better vocal range than Ville. I did. He's a first lyric tenor, almost the scientific opposite of what Ville is. ;D
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 08:00:55 PM by autumn666 »

Offline Aimilian0s

« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2007, 07:58:04 PM »
he's never made it known how many octaves is he vocal range.Dunno if he, himself knows

Offline Violet

• Meep.
  • Cafone
  • So....we met again Mr. Valo
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2007, 10:45:47 PM »
I think Ville is a amazing singer. And about the in inenterveiw thing.... I've read a few artcles where Ville says the rest of the band just don't care for giving inenterveiws, and I believe him, because he really doesn't seem the type to hog to spot light. I could be wrong, but I don't really feel that way.
But I would like to hear Linde and Burton talk more.

Offline Tauriainen

« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2007, 02:23:23 AM »
he's never made it known how many octaves is he vocal range.Dunno if he, himself knows

Most (Male) Vocalist only perform in two to three viable tone of range. Depending on their style.

Odd as this is to say two vocalist who can actually do a four octave notation while singing is none other than Freddy Mercury and Axl Rose. (there are more, you just have to look around).
They have trained themselves to use a musical tone and actually sing in those tones that certain females (singers) have. Though they speak in a baritone style their singing range is (very) different

Ville can ony do two. Three if he squeals as he pretends to sing. (But it is two).

Experimenting usually leads you to sing in various tonalities and styles.
But if you want to learn faster, go to a School and see what they show you.

I can think of various musicians who can do a much better style in singing that Ville.

Offline Thanatos

« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2007, 02:43:56 PM »
ill name a mexican singer from the band jaguares

saul hernandez he is defenatly better then ville.

im mexican and i disagree with you saul hernandez is a god singer before jaguares  when he was on caifanes..

aand yeap mexican ladies are  cute

SmokeAndMirrors

« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2007, 02:55:17 PM »
I don't care how you sing as long as it fits the music.

Offline Len777

« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2007, 03:14:43 PM »
well put, cory. i think ville's voice is hypnotizing but not the greatest, his song writing and arranging abilities way surpass his vocal abilities. plus it's fuckin rockn'roll you don't have to have a perfect voice. but what he does he does well. he's still my number one hero then comes daniel johns of silverchair.