Author Topic: What was your first HIM album  (Read 37813 times)

ellis

What was your first HIM album
« on: October 27, 2005, 03:21:50 PM »
Ok i noticed we have threads for the favorite album, but im just interested in knowing what your first one was. Huess its a good way of finding out who has only gotten into HIM more recently and who was lucky enough to hear about them a long time ago!

Razorblade Romance for me, which i heard from a friend and loved. Not lnog after that Deep Shadows And Brilliant Highlights was released, which of course became part of my collection quickly! HIM was my first experience with more gothic music, and it quickly got me into bands such as 69 Eyes, Nightwish, etc.

Offline nikitiki

Re: What was your first HIM album
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 03:43:20 PM »
my first album was razorblade romance

Offline JetBlack944

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 03:48:14 PM »
Well, I couldn't get any here in America, so I downloaded them all and burned them. But the first actual HIM album I bought was Love Metal. I found a local CD store that could import it.

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 03:50:13 PM »
Same here. I downloaded a bunch and burned them. Eventually I was able to find Razorblade in stores, so I guess that would be it.
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Dark_secret_lovr

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 03:50:38 PM »
started listening to HIM about 2k 2k1 first album was GLS Vol. 666 and it was a gift from a friend that went to germany and brought it back for me then i heard siguillum diaboli on the adio video and imported RR and the rest is history

Offline oxh1mxo

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2005, 06:56:07 PM »
My first HIM Album would have to be Razorblade Romance like 3 years ago...

Offline Vampyre_Heart

• Cafone
  • Sleepwalking Past Hope
    • Summer Stars Graphics
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2005, 05:15:51 AM »
Heheh, I got into HIM through DS&BH, and it's still my favourite album!
[img width= height=]http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/8914/newsacforumimagexu3.png[/img]

Offline alterego

• Made Man
  • love me, like you love the sun
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2005, 05:40:15 AM »
its a good way of finding out who has only gotten into HIM more recently and who was lucky enough to hear about them a long time ago!

i'm just curious why it should matter when a person got into HIM, as long as we love them?  me, it was about 1 year and 8 months ago, my boyfriend heard all the songs on cky4 and bought RR, and as soon as he heard it, he bought me a copy and said, "you are going to love this cd, i know you are" and he was right.  RR is my all time favorite album, of all time :P

Offline ryan

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2005, 07:49:01 AM »
I downloaded RHIMA and HEM, that was the only two I could find at the time (probably right after Deep Shadows came out). Played the crap out of those two songs and then I finally found an import of Razorblade Romance for $28. Since then alot of money has been spent on HIM stuff.

Offline Thulsa Doom

• Helsinki Vampire
  • Associate
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2005, 10:00:12 AM »
CKY2K.  For the DVD intro Bam shows off his air guitar skills (with a bass, dumbass ;D) to the Razorblade Kiss solo. 

Imported RR and am still loving it.    

Offline TooHappyToBeAlive

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2005, 10:36:59 AM »
Razorblade Romance + Deep Shadows..

Offline JetBlack944

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2005, 01:40:34 PM »
CKY2K.  For the DVD intro Bam shows off his air guitar skills (with a bass, dumbass ;D) to the Razorblade Kiss solo. 

Imported RR and am still loving it.    

Just a note, I think he's actually playing that bass. Of course, on CKY2K it's got 'Razorblade Kiss' playing, but they used that clip in Jackass with no song so you can hear what he's playing. (Which is 'Razorblade Kiss' of course, just not that well.)

Offline Palladium

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2005, 06:48:25 AM »
Bought Love Metal, when it was released. Next one were both Greatest Lovesongs and RR.., one of the best christmas gifts, ever  ;)

BlindHeartagram

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2005, 12:50:19 PM »
I did the same... before the HIM albums were released here... and before I had a credit card to order the albums from overseas... and while I am still too lazy to get a money order, stamp... envelope.. send it off.. jeez.. that's a lot of work to type...

Let's just say, first album I burned was "Love Metal".... then when Razorblade Romance was released in the States.. I picked that up. Next up was the Singles Collection... then Deep Shadows... then Love Metal... then And Love Said No.... then Greatest Lovesongs... and now finally Dark Light.

I'm not a deadbeat... I just like to beat dead things.

Offline robertzombie

• Made Man
  • Long term member...
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2005, 12:50:40 PM »
I discovered HIM through a Kerrang CD called "Revved Up" and then I bought Love Metal after downloading some tracks from it.

you might be interested in the track-listing of "Revved Up."

« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 12:51:37 PM by Robert Zombie »

Offline Palladium

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2005, 07:02:53 PM »
Wouldn't it be more proper to be Love's Requiem?

"The heart of darkness is hope of..."

But otherwise a bonustrack on a comilation?

Offline Errin

• Soul on Fire
  • Made Man
  • our heaven's worth the waiting
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2005, 07:06:56 PM »
I had been randomly listening to stuff on the internet jsut over a year and a half ago and finaly decided to go out and buy an album.. jsut whatever I could get my hands on.. my local CODA (which has now shut down) had GLSV666,LM and DSBH at £10 for all three so I thought, ''what the hell'' and bought them, loved practically every track so I bought RR a few days after then ALSN, I had jsut fallen in love and spent every penny I had on the HIM merch I could get my hands on.

My heart's a graveyard baby...

Offline ASkywalker

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2005, 02:29:57 AM »
Greatest Lovesongs 666 :P , Im so lucky that I heard them on tv , and bought the album , cause they dont show them here much on tv .

Offline robertzombie

• Made Man
  • Long term member...
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2005, 07:23:54 AM »
The Heart Of Darkness = The Sacrament

Offline Tauriainen

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2005, 08:02:51 AM »
My first one would be when I got so drunk me and my friends dared each other to swim naked, next thing you knew we coppped a field and one thing led to another we were doing the dihty cha cha in a vertical position ........
WAIT was is this Topic about!
NEVERMIND!

Well I heard HIM way back in 2,ooo no thanks to Napster and a girl who was leeching off my HDS bootlegs. We spoke briefly she dedicated I Love You (Prelude to Tragedy), so I heard it and I liked it. but before that she introduced me to Wicked Game I liked the band so much that I stole more tracks.
Later on I bought R.R. through some ebay merchant who was nice enough to hook me up with a collection of bootlegs that I did not own.
Than I purchased GLVS, DSBH, after that people knew I liked the band. So now I get albums for free. But my anus still hurts everytime HIM releases material.
:P

Offline nirvanist22

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2005, 02:46:01 PM »
i bought RR in 2001

villetx

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2005, 03:04:30 PM »
I first heard them in CKY2k, First cd i bought was the version of razorblade romance with the bonus disc of live material, in 2003.

kallio

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2005, 04:32:01 PM »
my first one was Greatest Love Songs vol.666 which my mom bought me for my birthday back in 2000...and after couple of days after that I bought Razorblade Romance.

Offline purplecandlelight

• The Lush
  • Cafone
  • Things are never as they appear
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2005, 04:49:57 PM »
Razorblade Romance and Love Metal.  My boyfriend came to visit, and handed me those two cd's saying, "It's a rock band and the guy can actually sing.  You'll love it." 

Offline bobbybrooks14

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2005, 09:53:14 PM »
razorblade romance in 2003