Author Topic: Random HIM Bullshit  (Read 103529 times)

Offline kellylugosisdead

• Picciotto
  • (undead, undead, undead)
    • Tumblr
Re: Random HIM Bullshit
« Reply #425 on: September 09, 2016, 10:08:22 AM »
You're right, I can hear it a little better now. Yeah, I've never been a big Mission fan but this song makes me want to check out the new album, sounds like they're getting back closer to their Sisters roots.
"I can barely conceive of a type of beauty in which there is no melancholy." - Charles Baudelaire

letsmakehope.com

Offline DarkSecret666

• Associate
  • This is just the beginning of the end
« Reply #426 on: December 26, 2016, 08:32:55 AM »

Offline Ziggy18

« Reply #427 on: March 08, 2017, 02:46:42 PM »
http://m.sephora.com/product/P416731
Poison Girl perfume i saw at worst time.

I remember playin FOH at talent show in high school.  Played acoustic version but with electric solo.  :(
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 02:47:36 PM by Ziggy18 »
Run Away From The Sun

Offline kellylugosisdead

• Picciotto
    • Tumblr
« Reply #428 on: April 20, 2017, 05:52:07 PM »
Glad to see there's interest! Okay, I'm writing up something that's going to be pretty long and does require research on my part, so it'll take a while. Once I get my thoughts organized, I'll post it in a new thread and anyone else who is interested in trying their hand at lyrical analysis can join in.

Remember when I talked about doing this? Well, I didn't get very far. I definitely wanna dive in again at some point, but here's where I'm at so far: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B4j1UucCCd7lekgxeWl5MTVrUHc
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 05:58:19 PM by kellylugosisdead »
"I can barely conceive of a type of beauty in which there is no melancholy." - Charles Baudelaire

letsmakehope.com

Offline DarkSecret666

• Associate
  • This is just the beginning of the end
« Reply #429 on: April 21, 2017, 07:30:31 AM »
Glad to see there's interest! Okay, I'm writing up something that's going to be pretty long and does require research on my part, so it'll take a while. Once I get my thoughts organized, I'll post it in a new thread and anyone else who is interested in trying their hand at lyrical analysis can join in.

Remember when I talked about doing this? Well, I didn't get very far. I definitely wanna dive in again at some point, but here's where I'm at so far: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B4j1UucCCd7lekgxeWl5MTVrUHc
Good work! :)

Offline kellylugosisdead

• Picciotto
    • Tumblr
« Reply #430 on: April 24, 2017, 09:47:21 AM »
Thanks! I really do want to dive in again and write something up after finishing my research, though. I guess I have all the time in the world now that HIM is over.  :'(

letsmakehope.com

Offline Kaysa

• Picciotto
  • Let's get these teen hearts beating faster, faster
« Reply #431 on: May 11, 2017, 07:34:11 AM »
Should anyone here be in Bonn in two weeks:

I'll be there with friends xD
Will you dance to this beat and hold a lover close

Offline Kaysa

• Picciotto
  • Let's get these teen hearts beating faster, faster
« Reply #432 on: December 21, 2017, 06:26:06 PM »
So I guess I kinda made a new HIM fan accidentally? xD

Had to introduce myself to her a few months back and talked to her about music and shit, saying I was going to see this band for the last time coz they'd split up. Only saw her a couple of times since then and yesterday she was all like 'so yeah I downloaded all their abums and holy shit I new Join Me from the radio and when I listened to it and recognized it I was in the car and started fucking bawling my eyes out??' I was so suprised why do people check out the stuff that I like this is weird xD

Anyway sounded like she really liked it. Don't be mean because Join Me. Not everyone gets into the ~obscure songs first. I almost want to apologize for getting her into them while they're on Farewell tourxD
Will you dance to this beat and hold a lover close

Offline RazorbladeKiss666

« Reply #433 on: December 31, 2018, 04:58:28 PM »
Happy New Year everyone. Thanks for being such an awesome site/community.

Hope you have a great 2019 and hope we get new music. Hugs

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #434 on: January 01, 2019, 04:36:35 AM »

new years always reminds me of Helldone....I can't help it, it's just set in stone.

« Reply #435 on: January 27, 2019, 08:07:05 PM »

new years always reminds me of Helldone....I can't help it, it's just set in stone.

Aw man, that's understandable.

You just reminded me to go back and try to find as many as I can and listen to/watch them all.

Anyone know how much the Dark Light Internet Only and Venus Doom Journal editions were when they came out? I'm looking for them but wanna know how much to spend

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #436 on: January 28, 2019, 03:13:05 PM »
My girl bought me a DL tin case on mercari for 60, she said there was 1 more seller, you should check it out

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #437 on: January 28, 2019, 03:15:07 PM »

You just reminded me to go back and try to find as many as I can and listen to/watch them all.

Anyone know how much the Dark Light Internet Only and Venus Doom Journal editions were when they came out? I'm looking for them but wanna know how much to spend

Check out HIM Dark Light Limit? on Mercari!
Too good not to share: HIM Dark Light Limit? https://item.mercari.com/gl/m79362519303/

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #438 on: January 28, 2019, 03:20:32 PM »
Still looking for the HIM Picture biography book If anyone has it

« Reply #439 on: February 12, 2019, 08:37:37 AM »

Too good not to share: HIM Dark Light Limit? https://item.mercari.com/gl/m79362519303/

Thanks so much, I eventually got the DL tin from Ebay for ?25! That's the cheapest I've seen it. Slightly damaged tin but it's cool.

Lmao, reading the HIM wiki page thing and saw this...made me wanna smash things.

"The band had wanted to record in a residential studio and the first that came to mind was Rockfield Studios in Wales, England"

WALES IS NOT IN FUCKING ENGLAND We are our own country

k end rant

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #440 on: February 12, 2019, 04:41:21 PM »

Thanks so much, I eventually got the DL tin from Ebay for ?25! That's the cheapest I've seen it. Slightly damaged tin but it's cool.

Lmao, reading the HIM wiki page thing and saw this...made me wanna smash things.

"The band had wanted to record in a residential studio and the first that came to mind was Rockfield Studios in Wales, England"

WALES IS NOT IN FUCKING ENGLAND We are our own country

k end rant

That HIM wiki page was an interesting read. I wonder how much of it is accurate.  Especially the tracks on dark light that weren't released . "Bound to Be Wrong" sounds like a good song title

« Reply #441 on: February 22, 2019, 08:58:06 AM »
I like that title too!

Can you guys suggest a bunch of random decent quality boots - I have some major cleaning to do and I'm hoping I'll concentrate better with music:)

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #442 on: May 06, 2019, 04:41:28 AM »
I just got back from checking out the HIM Collectors Facebook page to see what's been going on this past while, if anything. I haven't listened to the band in forever. I thought that maybe I'd finally reached a point in my life where I simply didn't care about them anymore. Well, I was wrong, because something there definitely piqued my interest, to say the least, and pulled me right back in like I'm a giddy teenager in 2004 again.

Does anyone know what this Greatest Lovesongs pre-production CD someone mentioned they have as one of their rarest items is?

Immediately I thought back of the time when I saw a couple of people talking about having Greatest Lovesongs rough mixes, but didn't think a whole lot of it because it seemed like they were just joking around and having some fun teasing others. But now...

That would be pretty amazing, to put it mildly, if it's an actual recording of the band at the studio going through their songs for the album live (and maybe some that didn't even make it, perhaps?) before the recording process officially began.

Or it could just be some sort of test pressing of the digipak before they went into full production. That would be a whole lot less cool.

I tried messaging the dude about it, but I doubt I'll get a response because I've never gotten one from him before about anything, as per the usual with this sort of stuff - sigh.

To be perfectly frank, I'm not even entirely sure why I even inquire about this kind of stuff anymore because even if someone answers yes and confirms my suspicion, it's not like anything is going to change from how it was before. I guess I just like knowing that this stuff is out there somewhere floating around, and maybe one day it'll wash ashore on the public beach of HIM fandom from the private island it originated from and the rest of us will get our chance to hear it.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 04:47:24 AM by 666WTLOnVinylFTW »

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #443 on: May 07, 2019, 03:51:50 AM »
Got a message later on in the day from the owner of the aforementioned Greatest Lovesongs CD confirming my suspicion on what it could be.

He claims not to have listened to it yet, though - which I must admit in the effort of being my normal fully transparent and outspoken self - very strange to say the least, especially because I don't think that this is an item that he just received yesterday or something like that. He's had it much longer than I would be able to resist the urge of listening to it for, that's for sure, but maybe there's something wrong with me. There probably is. :)

I understand being cautious about handling something as valuable as that considering what it is/what he likely went through to get it and paid for it/what he could probably get out of it if he ever were to sell it to anyone, but damn. You have unreleased HIM material right at your fingertips and you aren't even interested enough in what it is to make the time to listen to it?

With all due respect to man, I can't figure out a reason to even own the CD at that point if you're just going to let it sit around like it's a simple and boring Wings Of A Butterfly single or something like that which you bought just to add another tally onto the collection total, you know?

I'd be so paranoid about something bad happening to the disc or just the natural decay process occurring that the very first thing I would do is rip it to lossless and save it several times over on different things just in case something causes it to no longer play.

Knowing my luck, though, I'd wind up scratching the hell out of it because I'd be shaking and sweating trying to get it into any sort of player I could find to hear it immediately once I first held it in my hands, but I'd still feel happy about hearing brand new HIM material that few have ever gotten the chance to even if I fucked it all up in the midst of my haste.

I tried asking about a tracklisting and if he knew what the material consisted of despite not hearing it yet, but those questions were overlooked during our conversation and I learned nothing new about what the CD is other than that it was supposed to have been previously owned by Ville himself.

That's cool and all, but aren't the songs the real prize, and don't you want to hear them? How can you be so cool, calm, and collected about it when you have in your possession a CD of the band in the studio from before they officially started recording their first album? There could be any number of things on that disc. But even if not, and it turns out that the band is playing very straight and dry and to what the final album versions wound up being (and even that is still awesome!) don't you want to find that out?

To each their own, but HIM fans can be very weird at times, with all due respect. The concept of someone having something like that and being in absolutely no rush to listen to it is completely foreign to me. I get that at the age we're all at now, HIM isn't exactly the most important thing in our lives anymore, but if I'm assuming that you had to go out of your way to find something like that and convince someone to give/sell you it and you're obviously a fan of the band... It just doesn't make any sense to me.

I could tell that the dude (however nice he was) wasn't exactly interested in talking to me to begin with outside of confirming that he did have the CD and what it was, and was getting pretty tired of me, a random stranger trying to talk HIM with him, so I politely said goodbye and that was the end of that. I took the cues and I was out of there, even though could've come up with plenty of more questions for the poor guy that had to tolerate me showing my excitement for something - which rarely occurs for me these days with anything else, sadly, but HIM always manages to do it somehow.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it, so you can go ahead and add it to the list of things that hopefully someday someone is nice enough to show pity for the rest of us and shares so that we can all enjoy listening to this unreleased music from our favorite band together.

Until next time, bye for now and thank you for your call.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 07:24:31 AM by 666WTLOnVinylFTW »

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #444 on: May 07, 2019, 09:04:59 PM »
Got a message later on in the day from the owner of the aforementioned Greatest Lovesongs CD confirming my suspicion on what it could be.

He claims not to have listened to it yet, though - which I must admit in the effort of being my normal fully transparent and outspoken self - very strange to say the least, especially because I don't think that this is an item that he just received yesterday or something like that. He's had it much longer than I would be able to resist the urge of listening to it for, that's for sure, but maybe there's something wrong with me. There probably is. :)

I understand being cautious about handling something as valuable as that considering what it is/what he likely went through to get it and paid for it/what he could probably get out of it if he ever were to sell it to anyone, but damn. You have unreleased HIM material right at your fingertips and you aren't even interested enough in what it is to make the time to listen to it?

With all due respect to man, I can't figure out a reason to even own the CD at that point if you're just going to let it sit around like it's a simple and boring Wings Of A Butterfly single or something like that which you bought just to add another tally onto the collection total, you know?

I'd be so paranoid about something bad happening to the disc or just the natural decay process occurring that the very first thing I would do is rip it to lossless and save it several times over on different things just in case something causes it to no longer play.

Knowing my luck, though, I'd wind up scratching the hell out of it because I'd be shaking and sweating trying to get it into any sort of player I could find to hear it immediately once I first held it in my hands, but I'd still feel happy about hearing brand new HIM material that few have ever gotten the chance to even if I fucked it all up in the midst of my haste.

I tried asking about a tracklisting and if he knew what the material consisted of despite not hearing it yet, but those questions were overlooked during our conversation and I learned nothing new about what the CD is other than that it was supposed to have been previously owned by Ville himself.

That's cool and all, but aren't the songs the real prize, and don't you want to hear them? How can you be so cool, calm, and collected about it when you have in your possession a CD of the band in the studio from before they officially started recording their first album? There could be any number of things on that disc. But even if not, and it turns out that the band is playing very straight and dry and to what the final album versions wound up being (and even that is still awesome!) don't you want to find that out?

To each their own, but HIM fans can be very weird at times, with all due respect. The concept of someone having something like that and being in absolutely no rush to listen to it is completely foreign to me. I get that at the age we're all at now, HIM isn't exactly the most important thing in our lives anymore, but if I'm assuming that you had to go out of your way to find something like that and convince someone to give/sell you it and you're obviously a fan of the band... It just doesn't make any sense to me.

I could tell that the dude (however nice he was) wasn't exactly interested in talking to me to begin with outside of confirming that he did have the CD and what it was, and was getting pretty tired of me, a random stranger trying to talk HIM with him, so I politely said goodbye and that was the end of that. I took the cues and I was out of there, even though could've come up with plenty of more questions for the poor guy that had to tolerate me showing my excitement for something - which rarely occurs for me these days with anything else, sadly, but HIM always manages to do it somehow.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it, so you can go ahead and add it to the list of things that hopefully someday someone is nice enough to show pity for the rest of us and shares so that we can all enjoy listening to this unreleased music from our favorite band together.

Until next time, bye for now and thank you for your call.

First and foremost I hit the report button on accident due to me typing this on a phone, so pardon that mistake.  Now, getting on to that topic, why not offer the guy some $$ just to see what he says? I mean if I came across someone who had something that rare, I'd just kind of ask just to see what they say. I'll gladly ask if youd like. Hell, I'd even cough up a few bucks if he said yes and ship you the original as long as I had a copy. Physical discs scare me. I'm more of a digital guy

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #445 on: May 08, 2019, 05:34:42 AM »
I sent you a PM, sir.

Truthfully, I just can't ever being myself to ask people for things like that most of the time. It's a whole anxiety and self-confidence issue that I'll spare everyone the details of lol. I know that this is going to sound silly to most, but it's like I'm talking to a girl that's way out of my league and there's no way that she'll ever say yes to going on a date with me, so why even bother to ask and have to deal with the disappoint of rejection afterwards and shit and make the whole thing awkward when you can have a positive chat and just leave it at that, you know?

I basically ask without ever really asking. I show off my knowledge and enthusiasm for something during the conversation in hopes that someone will pick up on the fact that I really want to have whatever it is that we're talking about and just offer to share it with me as one fan to another helping each other out, but you know...

Plus it seemed obvious to me that this dude wasn't really interested in having a conversation with me about anything lol. He definitely wanted me to know that he owned the CD, but his responses were very short and to the point and he side-stepped all of my questions asking for details about the album, so I figured I'd just leave the guy alone since it seemed like that was what he wanted. Maybe I read the whole situation wrong and he was just trying to play it cool and not come across as excited as I was about it for whatever reason because the way he was talking was as if it wasn't really anything all that special and was just yet another piece of his collection that he owned. I felt like he was more concerned with and proud of the CD being previously owned by Ville supposedly than the actual content on it since he hasn't even gotten around to listening to it yet. I mean, that's fine I guess, but it seems unbelievable to me as the fan that I am that someone could own something like that and not immediately want to hear what's on it.

I even brought up the Kafferi demos thinking that well maybe he wouldn't be opposed to sharing those with me if he has them since I made it well known how excited all of this stuff makes me, but no dice. He told me that they'll probably leak eventually, which is true, but that lead me to believe that he won't be the one to share them with anyone, at least with someone that he doesn't know like myself, sadly.

I mean, I get that this guy doesn't know me from a hole in the wall, but that's never made a difference to me when it comes to helping someone out whenever and however I can. What does a man have to do to make friends or whatever it takes with these people who seem to share these things with one another other than being a longtime fan of the band that has a deep love and appreciation for their music, on top of just being a genuinely nice person? If there's some sort of entry fee or union dues, I'll gladly pay it if it means I too can hear all of this music that I (and we all) love.

And it's not like there's even dozens of people beating down the doors to hear this stuff. Only a small group of fans even care about this sort of thing, so there has to be room in the group for one more dedicated fan. Most of the people that have followed the band for years and years and have spent literally thousands of dollars on their collections and supporting them like I have don't even seem interested. I guess every fan is different and that's OK, but I want to hear everything there is to hear. I'll take an unreleased song over a rare promo that does nothing for me any day.

Even as a teenager I've never cared about getting close to the band or the people involved with them - going backstage and meeting them or getting their autographs and things like that. It's always been just about the music for me. I don't particularly care about the people in the band themselves. They could be robots and it wouldn't make any difference to me, but the music that they all create together is magical. I feel like if maybe people knew about that about me or could see it somehow and they knew that I'm just this regular nice dude who has spent over half of his life loving this band, maybe they'd see a kinship there and throw me a bone. Or maybe not lol.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 03:46:19 PM by 666WTLOnVinylFTW »

Offline vampireheart616

« Reply #446 on: May 09, 2019, 11:18:39 AM »
I?m still trying to get a hold of the rest of the screamworks demos
Today tomorrow seems so far away and the wait in vain

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #447 on: May 09, 2019, 12:11:44 PM »

I haven't heard anything new about those since the original three leaked. Is there someone claiming that they have more of them?

Offline vampireheart616

« Reply #448 on: May 09, 2019, 02:21:16 PM »

I haven't heard anything new about those since the original three leaked. Is there someone claiming that they have more of them?

This person named perlame1 on YouTube about 6-7 years ago I was told by them they had a copy that was personally given to them by someone and that it was too dear to them to share with me at the time since I haven?t been able to get in contact with them or anyone that might have a copy of you look them up they have a few seconds of scared to death in almost excellent quality then the full version in not so great quality

Offline vampireheart616

« Reply #449 on: May 09, 2019, 02:24:50 PM »
There?s also a clip of foreboding sense by someone else and I?m sure someone?s tried to contact them in the past, I can?t figure out how to message people on YouTube anymore (no sure if it doesn?t work on the app or they got rid of it) to try and get in contact with someone
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 02:27:04 PM by vampireheart616 »