Author Topic: Random HIM Bullshit  (Read 103160 times)

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
Re: Random HIM Bullshit
« Reply #400 on: May 22, 2016, 04:21:25 AM »
Well practicing song to studio versions - yeah that will take some time to figure out the final versions - so at this point they already have a demo of it. Autumn - still writing process, then recording ,mixing, mastering , well i can imagine that the album could be out in February 2017 or March 2017 in a normal label, i dont know what will take another months for the label to release it.... seriously fuck that kind of lousy label

off topic : Any possible word of Daniel Lioneye? Or news (not from Ville on the radio) ? anyone?

Offline Kaysa

• Picciotto
  • Let's get these teen hearts beating faster, faster
« Reply #401 on: May 22, 2016, 08:47:13 PM »
Short recap of the radio thingy (HIM Norway's facebook page)

"Apparently they want to bring something new to the table since Tears on Tape was a bit of a retrospective album in sense of sound and style."
This makes some of you quite happy/hopeful, I think?

I don't really mind waiting for a new album. I just want the guys to take their time and do the best they can. Some news and updates along the way would be nice but I'm not very optimstic xD

In other news, I worked on my love-hate relationship with the beautiful mess that the lovely Finnish language is to me a bit more and this happened.

Disclaimer: This is about 1% actual language knowledge, 49% shameless abuse of wiktionary and other assorted dictionaries, and 50% mostly guessing what this could mean. So, best case a pretty loose translation, worst case completely misinterpreted.
Read at your own risk, corrections very welcome (including attempts at explaining Finnish grammar, if you want to!)
If something doesn't make sense, that's most likely because either my understanding of the original sentence was quite shaky or because I couldn't put into proper English what I understood or believed to understand xD

Ville Valo avautui juomisestaan: "Kummastakin päästä tuli verta jatkuvasti"

Ville Valo opens up about his drinking: "From both ends came blood constantly"

Detoxification
HIM's frontman, rocker Ville Valo, thinks back and tells Radio Rock's Laura Vähähyyppä how he eventually ended up commited for detoxification.
HIM's Ville Valo was never really one to abstain from alcohol. In 2007 Valo eventually ended up commited for detoxification.
"I bled from the butt and the mouth, from both ends came blood constantly. I thought that this wasn't a terribly good thing. I went to the doctor and s/he said that now I had to rest," Valo tells Radio Rock's Laura Vähähyyppä during the interview.
Listen to the interview in the video above.
However, Valo doesn't believe that he was the worst drinker or that alcohol was the only reason why he started treatment. According to him, the situation which led to the detoxification also had to do with mental fatigue and malady due to work and his personal life: Valo's long term relationship had recently hit the rocks.
"I personally believe that... at that time I drank quite a lot, but I never got by worse. At that time I also had a lot do to with depression and stress, mental problems," ponders Valo.
"Many negative issues came up at the same time and I just had to manage: make a record, go to the studio every day. When it becomes a compulsion, it has been long enough, everything brakes at some point or you find a way to control it. I didn't find a way except for beer. At some point, body and brain just say that's enough"
Valo asked manager Seppo Vesterinen to search a place for him where ho could rest and keep his mobile completely turned off and stay completely out of reach.
"I can never stop soon enough, it has always had good and bad sides to it," says Valo.
Ville Valo asked to be commited for detoxification in the middle of HIM's tour through the U.S. in May 2007. He spent one month in Californian Promise Rehab.
Ville Valo will be a guest at Radio Rock's Lauantain kuokkavieras show on saturday, 21st May, 12 noon.
Will you dance to this beat and hold a lover close

Offline kellylugosisdead

• Picciotto
  • (undead, undead, undead)
    • Tumblr
« Reply #402 on: May 24, 2016, 04:54:40 PM »
Autumn 2017 is a long wait, but I'm so happy there's any news at all about a new album! I'm happy to wait as long as it takes, as long as I know there's actually an album in the works I'm happy. :)
"I can barely conceive of a type of beauty in which there is no melancholy." - Charles Baudelaire

letsmakehope.com

Offline Kaysa

• Picciotto
« Reply #403 on: May 24, 2016, 06:14:15 PM »
I remembered today that the, idk, concert agency's intro text or whatever of last year's gig in Leipzig said that the work on the new album would be finished in late 2015  :D

The good thing about all this is that it really helps becoming more patient and less easily disappointed xD

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #404 on: May 25, 2016, 01:50:40 AM »
we have been waiting 3 years since the Tears on Tape, so until Autumn 2017 i think there is a nice gap in 2016 to release something so i can spend some money on HIM  :D , i prefer DVD Love Metal Archives vol 2 , Daniel Lioneye album would be great too ,...  btw what happened with the Rambo Rimbaud album?  ;D

Offline Ziggy18

« Reply #406 on: June 17, 2016, 04:41:22 PM »
Bullshitting with Gas about the Pens, he updated his 66 tat.  Good luck on the new drumming position!  Wonder what band it could be?

"Got my Mario Tattoo :) I've put the name in the hat for a great international band outside of Finland. They are looking for a new drummer. I've been practicing hardcore and learning their songs in case I get a call to do an audition. Keeping my fingers crossed. Exciting times for the Pens. They have the chance to win the cup tonight in San Jose. Let's go Pens!"

Me with Stanley Cup
Run Away From The Sun

Offline Kaysa

• Picciotto
« Reply #407 on: June 28, 2016, 06:14:22 PM »
I had a nice surprise encounter with a fellow HIM fan today!
I was wearing the Helldone 2014 shirt when heading to the gym and one of the staff apparently recognized the Heartagram. The following conversation emerged:

"Hey, nice shirt!"
"Umm, thanks...!"
"'cause I..." *proceeds to pull up shirt and point to 3inch Heartagram tattoo on side of chest* "have the same one!"

I was slightly caught off guard by the random public disrobement but otherwise it was pretty nice :D

Offline eru777

« Reply #408 on: July 08, 2016, 01:48:52 PM »
When I was in highschool, I used to listen to HIM a lot. You could say I was a bit obsessed. After I started being into him, everybody else started to do the same. But at the beginning they thought it was odd. They called me a satanist ROFL!
The school principle called my mom and told her I was scaring the kids XD We both laughed about it.

The truth is that I was messing a bit with them, by doing the satanist hand gesture, but never seriously. The joke was on them. It's so funny though that wearing black band t shirts and listening to HIM could label you a "satanist". That reminds me of Ozzy and how people really believed his "satanic" stuff. It's fun to watch people get agitated by things you do for fun ^^
I like applejuice.

Offline DarkSecret666

• Associate
  • This is just the beginning of the end
« Reply #409 on: July 14, 2016, 06:55:40 AM »
Yesterday I plugged my 1TB Seagate USB hard drive into my Samsung Galaxy S6 and guess what, it formatted the whole drive. It was "empty". That hard drive contains all of my HIM stuff and Michael Jackson bootlegs (total 898gb). I was shocked and found a program from the internet which can recover files from corrupted hard drives. I left it scanning for night and it actually found all my files! This morning I bought a 2TB Seagate where I can copy and recover the files... 12GB/898GB completed... Thank god...

Offline kellylugosisdead

• Picciotto
    • Tumblr
« Reply #410 on: July 14, 2016, 04:46:02 PM »
This is why I've always been nervous about the larger hard drives (1TB+)...that's a whole lot of data to lose at once if something goes wrong!  :o Glad you're able to recover it all, though.
"I can barely conceive of a type of beauty in which there is no melancholy." - Charles Baudelaire

letsmakehope.com

Offline Inferno

« Reply #411 on: July 14, 2016, 04:52:36 PM »
This is why I've always been nervous about the larger hard drives (1TB+)...that's a whole lot of data to lose at once if something goes wrong!  :o Glad you're able to recover it all, though.

It's not so much the capacity, it's the type of media it uses for it's storage. I will never recommend an external/portable drive that has moving parts (an actual hard drive with platters and stuff) cause that's just something that can easily break. Flash drives have never failed me though... Ever!
~*' Love Is Only The Anticipation Of The Emotions You're Addicted To '*~
[/

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #412 on: July 15, 2016, 02:24:44 AM »
burn everything on DVD  ;D

Offline DarkSecret666

• Associate
« Reply #413 on: July 15, 2016, 05:01:18 AM »
burn everything on DVD  ;D
Actually I have burned most of my HIM DVDs to discs. There are about 25. But MJ stuff would need more 7GB DVDs :P And some of them are even double DVDs and there is so much that it could take forever. But yeah my recovery software is still running. It has copied 470 GB to the other drive now.(Yes it's slow...) HIM stuff is now safe, only the rest to go. I'll have to wait about a day.

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #414 on: July 15, 2016, 10:12:22 AM »
I know all too well how it feels to lose your HIM bootleg collection.:'( All that time spent trading, downloading, editing, organizing, ect. for them to just go up in smoke - literally, in my case. I could spend a day going through the media section on here and re-downloading each show that I lost, which I've done before (more than once, actually) but it's just not the same since I had a bunch of lossless versions of shows that you just can't find anywhere anymore and I'm really anal about that stuff. Sorry Jay for all those times I ate up all of the site's bandwidth building my collection back up only to delete everything afterwards. Nowadays I just have a small handful of bootlegs that I consider personal essentials and I'm perfectly fine with that, although I would like to eventually get back the few lossless 2004 US shows there were because memories. It's been several years and still no luck on that front.

I'm glad you were able to recover your files in the end. I have an external hard drive for things that I want to keep but take up too much space on my laptop, but I also burn DVDs of the stuff that I really don't want to get lost just in case.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 10:16:47 AM by 666WTLOnVinylFTW »

Offline DarkSecret666

• Associate
« Reply #415 on: July 15, 2016, 12:40:53 PM »
Probably the worst part of collecting bootlegs is renaming all the folders the same way because it takes too much time :P For example my way:
2015.12.31 - Tavastia, Helsinki, Finland

666WTLOnVinylFTW

« Reply #416 on: July 15, 2016, 10:45:29 PM »
That's exactly how I would name the albums in iTunes for the live shows I had on there. I would also do the date like that with the year first after the song, so like: Buried Alive By Love (Live: XXXX:XX:XX) so it would be easy to distinguish between multiple different versions if I had to.

By the way, did anyone see what was recently added to the "Backstage Collection" page on Facebook? CD promos of the entire Lashes To Ashes box set, including second discs for the bonus tracks and the 666 Ways To Love EP. LOL. Anyone wanna buy a copy or two? Just give him an arm and a leg, as well as a few days to print up another batch. I want mine personalized! :P

Offline DarkSecret666

• Associate
« Reply #417 on: July 16, 2016, 04:04:22 AM »
Yeah, somebody shared that to the HIM collectors group. What a collection... :D Even two 666WTL EPs with and without autographs.

Offline Fink_7

• Cafone
  • The son of rage and love

Offline kellylugosisdead

• Picciotto
    • Tumblr
« Reply #420 on: August 04, 2016, 10:44:11 PM »

letsmakehope.com

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #421 on: August 05, 2016, 09:22:13 AM »
amazing interview. thanks for the link Kelly

Offline Vesku_FIN

« Reply #422 on: September 07, 2016, 01:19:11 PM »
http://www.iltasanomat.fi/musiikki/art-2000001255300.html

Linde: We just had a meeting with Ville and the rest of the band. We agreed when we are going to continue again.

Offline kellylugosisdead

• Picciotto
    • Tumblr
« Reply #423 on: September 07, 2016, 03:45:53 PM »
Ville to make guest appearance (alongside the likes of Martin Gore, Gary Numan, Evi Vine, and Julianne Regan) on The Mission's 30th anniversary album, Another Fall From Grace, to be released September 30 2016: http://teamrock.com/news/2016-08-13/the-mission-to-release-another-fall-from-grace-in-september

Edit: Forgot to include the best part! (I guess he sings backup vocals, because I couldn't really pick out his voice, honestly, which is surprising to me)

The Mission - MET-AMOR-PHOSIS (Feat. Ville Valo)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 03:54:00 PM by kellylugosisdead »

letsmakehope.com

DSC5LU

« Reply #424 on: September 07, 2016, 09:15:47 PM »
(I guess he sings backup vocals, because I couldn't really pick out his voice, honestly, which is surprising to me)

You can really hear him shine through at about the 4:00 mark. What a cool song! This definitely has my interest piqued about The Mission's new album, although I've never been much into their older stuff.