Author Topic: European Tour  (Read 77459 times)

Offline robertzombie

• Made Man
  • Long term member...
Re: European Tour
« Reply #425 on: January 07, 2006, 04:07:39 PM »
According to HIMonline

"UK TOUR RESCHEDULED
Dear All,
Due to an injury on a slippery street after the show on the New Years Eve at Tavastia, Helsinki, HIM´s guitarist "Linde" suffered a fractured wristbone on his left hand. He has to keep a cast until the end of January.

The UK and Ireland tour, January 16th- 26th, had to be rescheduled to April, the new dates are:

April

Tue 18 - Manchester Apollo
Wed 19 - Manchester Apollo
Thu 20 - Birmingham Academy
Fri 21 - Birmingham Academy
Sat 22 - Off
Sun 23 - Glasgow Academy
Mon 24 - Newcastle Academy
Tue 25 - Brixton Academy
Wed 26 - Off
Thu 27 - Dublin Ambassador
Fri 28 - Dublin Ambassador

All other dates in Europe, Japan, Australia and New Zealand will go ahead as planned.

Please note that the January tickets will be good for the April shows."
« Last Edit: January 07, 2006, 04:09:12 PM by Rðbêrt Žðmbïê »

Offline robertzombie

• Made Man
  • Long term member...
« Reply #426 on: January 07, 2006, 04:21:08 PM »
ah.

Oh well. I read the subject of the Heartagram email and was hoping for new tour dates but sadly no :(

Offline mic_s

« Reply #427 on: January 07, 2006, 04:54:58 PM »
Can anyone confirm the rescheduling for sure? Himonline.tv says its rescheduled, yet heartagram.com makes it seem like new dates. Confusing...

*edit* the site i got tickets from doesn't seem to be any different about it.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2006, 04:57:03 PM by mic_s »

Offline Harker

• Dutch-HIM
  • Associate
  • Dutch-HIM
« Reply #428 on: January 07, 2006, 05:21:34 PM »
are you sure because it says nothing on heartagram.com about them being rescheduled is just says april dates added ???

I don't know the truth, only that HIM-Online posted this on their website, and that it is a believable (official?) website.

The 'new' tourdates in April are the same as the 'old' Januaryones on HIM-online
« Last Edit: January 07, 2006, 05:22:49 PM by Harker »

Offline Errin

• Soul on Fire
  • Made Man
  • our heaven's worth the waiting
« Reply #429 on: January 07, 2006, 05:28:28 PM »
damn, im confused.
glasgow accademy.. thats the carling academy right?

My heart's a graveyard baby...

Offline Errin

• Soul on Fire
  • Made Man
« Reply #430 on: January 07, 2006, 05:34:27 PM »
so it is definite then?

Offline Errin

• Soul on Fire
  • Made Man
« Reply #431 on: January 07, 2006, 05:43:03 PM »
glasgow carling website got no info on it either, all it says is that tickets are not available.

Offline Harker

• Dutch-HIM
  • Associate
  • Dutch-HIM
« Reply #432 on: January 07, 2006, 06:06:05 PM »
it is so strange because Heartagram.com is updated today twice, with the 'new' dates, while the official UK website, HIM-online, says that the 'new' dates are rescheduled dates. Why not a 'correct' update on Heartagram.com?
Confusing

Offline Errin

• Soul on Fire
  • Made Man
« Reply #433 on: January 07, 2006, 06:18:21 PM »
ahh, im so confused.
and tired, I'll think about this tomorow.

Offline Elle

« Reply #434 on: January 08, 2006, 07:54:11 AM »
OK, it seems that people here don't know what to believe. Linde has broken his wrist.
Here http://heartagram.infopop.cc/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/932109416/m/668109079/p/3
is a link that will give you more information. But sadly, the gigs are cancelled and the dates in April are the new ones.
~With the warmth of your arms you saved me~

Offline Poisoned Vampire Heart

• formally wicked_poison
  • Cafone
  • scorching the blood in my poisoned vampire heart
    • Dark Chest Of Wonders
« Reply #435 on: January 08, 2006, 11:13:34 AM »
I have been trying to get through to Glasgow all day to find out the truth and I have just checked official site, venue site and get live and still no mention of the shows being put back.  I'm not believing anything til it's been confirmed by venue or official site.

Offline vtioldlde

• Associate
  • its been some time
« Reply #436 on: January 08, 2006, 12:34:48 PM »
 wow this is crazy  so if the europeean tour is gonna be in april that could mean that the u.s tour in the summer coulnd not happen!!!

The Laundry Boyz 4 lyfe!
R.I.P John Scully

Offline Harker

• Dutch-HIM
  • Associate
  • Dutch-HIM
« Reply #437 on: January 08, 2006, 03:18:00 PM »
I'm not sure, but if the news about the cancelled gigs came out in public saturday (night), then the management of HIM most contact the concert-hall, then they must update their website, and I guess that takes time, especially on sunday, when the webmaster is at home for the weekend.

What I try to say, I guess it will on the websites on working days, so tomorrow or Tuesday.

And I hope that Linde will get well very soon

Offline vtioldlde

• Associate
  • its been some time
« Reply #438 on: January 08, 2006, 04:16:04 PM »
 well valo can play guitar for the tour just like he did when Lindes child was being born lol jk
that would be funny
get well soon linde!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 04:17:00 PM by vtioldlde »

The Laundry Boyz 4 lyfe!
R.I.P John Scully

Marc

« Reply #439 on: January 08, 2006, 05:42:11 PM »
this fuckin' sucks, i have my hotel paid off and booked and everything

Gemma

« Reply #440 on: January 08, 2006, 06:02:12 PM »
My brother is absolutely raving, He was getting all excited for his first gig... But somethings obviously can't be helped its not like he did it intentionally and I'm sure Linde is as upset as everyone else, I'm just pleased I haven't had to invest money in travel fares or on accomodation like some [sorry marc <3 ]

The Brixton Academy obviously haven't had a chance to update their listings yet as the HIM show is right at the top of the page, I'm happy I actually bothered to even look in here cause had I not I probably would have got to Brixton before I found out about the cancellations. still a fucking shame though and now I have to deal with a ten year old crying his eyes out too.   :(

Marc

« Reply #441 on: January 08, 2006, 06:06:03 PM »
thing is, what are people without the internet supposed to know, i mean word of mouth can't travel to anybody, my guess is Anathema might just headline gigs, but i doubt that.

Gemma

« Reply #442 on: January 08, 2006, 06:10:35 PM »
thats exactly what I'm thinking, considering that even most of us with internet connections are still basically in the dark with no official word or venue updates, I know full well people travel from all over the world to see them play [ I bumped into someone from Helsinki at the Halloween gig 04] can you imagine how unbelievably pissed off you'd be if you'd travelled from overseas and didn't know? my guess is that if you booked tickets via the phone they'll inform you via the phone same as I would have assumed once the ticket boxoffices know everyone who booked via the internet should be getting emails.

Marc

« Reply #443 on: January 08, 2006, 06:24:26 PM »
then again there are those people who got their tickets from Ticketmaster outlets, like me, and if i hadn't of had the internet, i wouldn't have found out

Gemma

« Reply #444 on: January 08, 2006, 06:29:16 PM »
I've always either booked mine over the computer or phone, don't they ask you for a contact number when you buy them from outlets? I would have thought they asked you for a contact number in case something goes wrong..such as this.  :-\

Marc

« Reply #445 on: January 08, 2006, 06:36:43 PM »
nope, i got my tickets from Virgin Megastores Ticketmaster Outlet, and got no number or anything, got my ticket, that's about it.

Gemma

« Reply #446 on: January 08, 2006, 06:40:55 PM »
Thats fucked up, they should at least have some kind of contingency plan incase the guitarist decides to go "break" himself.

Theres going to be many a pissed off HIM fan baying for blood stalking the streets of Brixton this month. thank fuck for the internet is all I can say, it might not save everyone from a pain in the arse but its certainly helped a few of us.  :-\

Offline Poisoned Vampire Heart

• formally wicked_poison
  • Cafone
  • scorching the blood in my poisoned vampire heart
    • Dark Chest Of Wonders
« Reply #447 on: January 08, 2006, 06:41:41 PM »
I'm going to phone venue tomorrow and hopefully get an answer coz I have just checked all the websites I checked this morning again and still no word about it being postponed

Marc

« Reply #448 on: January 08, 2006, 06:43:41 PM »
chances are all the Venues websits will be updated tomorrow, cause ticketmaster.ie & mcd.ie still have the gigs listed.

Gemma

« Reply #449 on: January 08, 2006, 06:48:44 PM »
Vast majority of the time whenever you phone up the venue they have little or no clue as to whats going on anyway, or they put you on hold to listen to Greensleeves for half an hour before you get someone called Tristan who sounds like he's twelve and knows absolutely jack shit about anything. [I'm not bitter..oh noes]

I'm going to give Brixton a bell on Tuesday if theres no update tomorrow. but I doubt they'll tell me anything. but its worth a try I suppose. its so bloody annoying fair enough if its cancelled whatever but you would have thought Heartagram.com would be workign overtime to let everyone know.

*le sigh*