Author Topic: HIM - DS&BH Thulsa Doom Versions  (Read 601 times)

Offline bellafella777

HIM - DS&BH Thulsa Doom Versions
« on: September 10, 2018, 02:03:51 PM »
Hi guys, I was listening to uneasy listening vol.1 yesterday and wondered what's the story behind the thulsa doom versions of salt in our wounds and lose you tonight, the arrangements are so otherwordly and more prog-oriented and Ville's voice goes in more varied directions than in the album versions, so please clarify with all the info you've got about these and if there were more songs recorded in the same vein and who was the producer and so on. Thanks!

Offline SIRJARVIS01

Re: HIM - DS&BH Thulsa Doom Versions
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 09:33:48 PM »
From what I've learned, that album had a bunch of producers involved,  all with what they thought was the best sound. It was a rather frustrating process for the band to go through as they had so many differences to how they wanted the final product to be. If you listen to the entire DSABH album,  you'll hear different production techniques through out the songs (heartache every moment, dont close your heart, please don't let it go all sound polished up compared to lose you tonight, in love and lonely,  love you like I do all sound more raw) So all the alternative tracks will sound much differently than what has ever been released. Salt in our wounds has I think 3 different versions stemming from different releases,  same with lose you tonight. Personally,  I'd love to hear alternative versions of the entire DSABH album.