Author Topic: Ville Valo & Agents - Ikkunaprinsessa, New single 2019  (Read 1200 times)

Offline HelouHill

Offline SIRJARVIS01

Re: Ville Valo & Agents - Ikkunaprinsessa, New single 2019
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 01:28:06 PM »
I wanna sleep prefer the old version it has so much more organic energy to it. Clear every single time he sings now a days his voice just sounds so clogged up and nasally

Offline six6sixways2love

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 04:03:15 PM »
Listening to the 2019 and 1999 versions back to back makes feel old. VV voice shows how much time has passed. Sure his voice isn't what it used to be. But it's still so damn beautiful for a 40yr old (ex) smoker/drinker.
"Drink a lot of whisky and shake my butt to some love metal" -Rasta666

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 04:14:13 PM »
Listening to the 2019 and 1999 versions back to back makes feel old. VV voice shows how much time has passed. Sure his voice isn't what it used to be. But it's still so damn beautiful for a 40yr old (ex) smoker/drinker.

It isn't that bad, but at certain times you can hear so much vocal editing it sounds off

Offline HelouHill

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 04:26:18 PM »

The second single release by Ville Valo & Agents, a version of the well known Badding classic Ikkunaprinsessa, will be out on Friday Jan 4, 2019. The single preceeds the highly anticipated album Ville Valo & Agents, set to be released on Feb 15.

”Back in ’82 Ikkunaprinsessa (a Finnish version of Glendora, the Perry Como classic) felt like an odd choice for a new Badding single. I must confess that I, in my role as the arranger, had my doubts – is it rock’n’roll enough? Well, I was proven wrong in a big way! It was an instant hit, it kick-started Badding’s comeback and has remained an important piece of the soundtrack of Finnish popular music.
Our return to the original scene of the crime, the Finnvox studios, was very emotional. Three of the original criminals from nearly forty years ago were back at it: Risto Hemmi, Kai Pulliainen and myself. This time the arrangement is indeed a bit more rock’n’roll! Ville has come up with a great harmonic vocal arrangement that just fits like a glove. It goes to show that great songs don’t have a best before date”, states Esa Pulliainen.
The first single taken from the forthcoming album was the previously unreleased Rauli ’Badding’ Somerjoki song Orpolapsi kiurun.
The tour, an one-off collaboration, will kick off in early March and will end after the Summer festival appearances. Many of the shows are already sold out.