Author Topic: This Is Only The Beginning / First demos  (Read 1071 times)

Offline HelouHill

This Is Only The Beginning / First demos
« on: January 02, 2019, 04:52:37 AM »
Curious to know everything about these tapes. Does anyone have a copy of them? How many was made? Everything.

Wikipedia:

Demo 1
"Serpent Ride" - 4:29
"Borellus" - 4:18
"The Heartless" - 5:33

Demo
"Stigmata Diaboli" - 2:49
"Wicked Game" - 4:06 (Chris Isaak -cover)
"The Phantom Gate" - 4:46

At first Demo Ville sings and plays bass and drum, Linde is on guitar.

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
Re: This Is Only The Beginning / First demos
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 10:27:41 AM »
We have no idea how many original copies were made. Two original copies (one of each) were in Slovakia - and i am sure that they are still in the possession of my friend who paid insane money for them. They are not titled as "This is only the beginning" - that is just fan-made title made on internet. One tape is 1993 and second is 1994 if i remember correctly. They are nice white tapes :) quality is fantastic
These are definitely not the first demos. There is older stuff before HIM was HIM. i cant talk more about that stuff

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 03:23:58 PM »
I'm hoping to find these in better quality one day. The high sounds on the drums sound a little distorted. Possibly due to so much re encoding

Offline DarkSecret666

• Associate
  • This is just the beginning of the end
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 03:50:15 PM »
I'm hoping to find these in better quality one day. The high sounds on the drums sound a little distorted. Possibly due to so much re encoding
The original FLAC's have been shared here by MiLToS_666. It's the best source we have. I did a little pitch correction on the files after that, because the pitch was a little sharp. It's here: https://mega.nz/#F!R1MSXK5K!QHfq2EkEujbW5rmDIHsSNA
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 03:52:11 PM by DarkSecret666 »

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 03:22:59 AM »
The original FLAC's have been shared here by MiLToS_666. It's the best source we have. I did a little pitch correction on the files after that, because the pitch was a little sharp. It's here: https://mega.nz/#F!R1MSXK5K!QHfq2EkEujbW5rmDIHsSNA

thank you very much! I gave karma [I think] I'm still grasping the concept lol

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2019, 10:10:00 PM »
I did a little touch up on these demos but couldn't keep them as flac...I had to re-encode them to mp3 because it was the only way I could save the music files with all the added tweaks I wanted to include. I'll include a link before the end of tonight along with details of what I did.

Offline MiLToS_666

• The HIM Bootleg Master from Greece!
  • Made Man
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2019, 02:20:11 AM »
I did a little touch up on these demos but couldn't keep them as flac...I had to re-encode them to mp3 because it was the only way I could save the music files with all the added tweaks I wanted to include. I'll include a link before the end of tonight along with details of what I did.

Adding an unwanted mp3 encoding step will eventually make them sound worse. The original flac files sounded good already and in my opinion should be kept like this.
Any "touch up" for personal use is welcome but clearly you are doing something wrong here if your application doesn't allow saving your project AT LEAST in uncompressed .WAV format.
"It is not the spoon that bends... It is only yourself..."

Offline SIRJARVIS01

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2019, 02:25:57 AM »

Adding an unwanted mp3 encoding step will eventually make them sound worse. The original flac files sounded good already and in my opinion should be kept like this.
Any "touch up" for personal use is welcome but clearly you are doing something wrong here if your application doesn't allow saving your project AT LEAST in uncompressed .WAV format.
of course, I understand. I'm just doing this for pretty much my own personal taste, and I'd like to share it with the community, nothing more. I'm a bit of an enthusiast when it comes to editing old music files, even though the final product may sound like shit. I just enjoy the process and get excited to share it.

The saving issue when it comes to the mp3 is simply due to the fact that I'm using modern software on a 10 year old PC, in case you're wondering.