Author Topic: Why were the latter HIM albums never released as a collection - HIM's second era  (Read 456 times)

Offline bellafella777

Why the other four records from HIM's second era were always dismissed (unjustly) and left by the wayside? I mean, why did they never release them in a proper vinyl collection like they did with the first four ones in the lashes to ashes boxset, is it the legal obligations with the record companies, money issues, or the band discarding the latter material and not giving a damn about it. I feel to a certain extent the same happened with Love metal archives vol. 1 DVD, they never released a part 2 while having enough material to make that happen! And yes, VD has to be released on vinyl sooner or later!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 04:35:03 AM by bellafella777 »

Offline SIRJARVIS01

I think there was a bit if reasons to why ranging from problems with the label to them not being invested in by the label,  to Ville himself not wanting to.  The guys a real artist but hes never been real big on releasing content fans hadn't seen before.  I thought LMA V1 was great at the time it came out but not so much now. Why? Because every piece of footage included was taken off a TV broadcast or other DVD including the audio mixes, with a few of the clips looking and sounding terrible (maxidrom 03 and the Berlin show). I would have loved to hear these gigs in proper form with the soundboard audio remixed to sound like an official release. I'm willing to bet the band at least had access to the stem tracks for mixing  but the question of money probably came into play. Everything HIM did in terms of collections after 2004 was a little half assed in my opinion. The latest thing we got was the vinyl box sets and to be honest, the extra tracks were kind of lame with the exception of the Vinnfox relics. Personally,  I like to believe that ville or seppo has hours of content recorded by the band stores in a hard drive somewhere and maybe one day we will hear it. I loved all the live songs on the Dark Light singles and would always love to hear what those recordings would sound like. 
You're right on the money with them having enough content for a Volume 2 release especially during the dark light era when companies like MTV had them on. During 06 onwards I'm sure Helldone was recorded annually so there's probably some great missed opportunities there. And as we know there was 2 nights at the Orpheum that were spliced together for a DVD but I'd still wanna hear the content that didn't make it even though it was the same set list. For the screamworks era, I'm sure festivals were recorded. For the Tot footage, I'm sure theres gigs that were distributed on YouTube that could just be touched up. In short, you could not be more right when saying they have content available for a volume 2

The other part of me just thinks the band doesn't have as much content available to them as we think. Over the years, tapes or gigs could end up getting lost or damaged.

Just my take on it anyway
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 05:23:02 AM by SIRJARVIS01 »

Offline HelouHill

Love Metal Archives Vol.2 would be great! I donĀ“t even remember when was the last time I was excited from a DVD-release but this could be it. Music videos, live performances and interview + documents + lots of extra-stuff, thats what we want  ;D Also vinylbox with all albums included would be great, of course with extra 7" singles etc. etc.  ;D