Author Topic: PEOPLE FROM THE UK I NEED YOUR SUPPORT  (Read 947 times)

spiritual woman

PEOPLE FROM THE UK I NEED YOUR SUPPORT
« on: November 02, 2007, 08:43:54 AM »
Message to Jay - I didn't know where to put this because I need people to see it but feel free to move it somewhere else...

Some of you may have read about this in Kerrang some weeks ago. This girl was 18 years of age!!!

In remembering the case of a Lancashire couple, who received an horrific beating, for the way they were dressed and, in which an innocent young woman lost her life, the Alternative & Gothic community puts forward that the definition of hate crimes should expand to protect subcultural people where the law is concerned.

Most gothic/subcultural people regularly complain of being harassed, abused, spat on or attacked for the way they look, having done or said nothing to otherwise provoke this. People who prefer ?darker? fashions; who sport facial piercings, alternative makeup or dyed hair regularly experience being singled out on these grounds, by the less tolerant. When this escalates to physical attack and, in this instance, death of an innocent person, it is clearly unacceptable.

According to the home office, the definitions of ?Hate Crime? include race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation and disability. We feel this list should also include: ?On the basis of personal appearance or subculture?.

Please follow the link below and support this petition and pass it on to anyone you know

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/goth-hatecrimes

Thank you for your support

Bright Blessings

Ronnie
;-)xx