Author Topic: Screamworks: Love In Theory and Practice  (Read 174716 times)

Offline Goetia

• Cafone
  • never love anything to much, you cannot see it die
Re: Screamworks: Love In Theory and Practice
« Reply #1050 on: February 05, 2010, 05:25:15 PM »
Very americanized.....which is a shame.

The good:
 It's different (Not quite dark light 2).
Lyrically its very creative. A little tongue and cheek at times, but it works.
instrumentally is sounds good, not great. There's a few heavier tastier riffs. I'm happy they turned mige's bass up in the mix.
VV's voice sounds healthy and has good range.

The bad:
Short songs. How do u go from Sleepwalking to this. The shortest song on VD is still 23 sec longer than the longest song on Screamworks.
Cliche riffs,song structure. If the music stayed the same, and you put 'my chemical romance' or someone on the cover, I'd throw it away. It has that "American emo" sound which is god awful horrible.
Ville's accent is dead.

I need to let it grow on me. But I can tell it's going to either be worse than DL or just slightly better.

I kinda wish they never got popular in the states, maybe they would have kept their darker sound.

Can you seriously get over the whole "Americanized" excuse BS. It's no different than what they've done in the past. Only thing that is noticeably different are the drums are more upfront and guitar is more crisp. Lyrics are much better than anything else before and the vocals are amazing.

You actually contradict yourself in the same post lol. You start out saying how lyrics, vocals, music are great and then later on you trash it. Sounds to me you're just looking for something to complain about.

Actually starting with DL , Him became more and more" americanized " no affence to anyone ... i guess a lot of you love finish bands ....and scandinavian bands in general and just listening to the last 3 albums i feel a change in ville's accent and style ...As i've been listening to HIM for almost 8 years now...I must say that i hated most of the bands work starting with 2005 (I just love the early days ), VD might have grown just a little on me...So let me cut to the chase this album is beautiful (only Heartkiller annoys me) keep in mind ville isn't in his 20's anymore and is not acting like a little tramp on the stage (not that i did not like it back then) like he used to..also he stopped with the booze and so on ....and this is what he love's doing...an artist always tries to reinvent himself and i think HIM even though they lost a lot of "hardcore" fans... are on the right track again ;)

Offline 616

• laza616
  • The Godfather
  • Made Man
  • HIM bootleg-whore from Slovakia
    • HIM live DVDs list
« Reply #1051 on: February 05, 2010, 05:57:56 PM »
HIM performance on "Die Oliver Pocher TV show" on SAT1 . 5.2.2010
Heartkiller live

my rip and my recording and also my upload:

for original avi file 226 MB pm me :)

enjoy

Offline JulienVlad

« Reply #1052 on: February 05, 2010, 06:17:22 PM »
thnks!! nice audio qualty  ;D

Offline six6sixways2love

« Reply #1053 on: February 05, 2010, 06:31:13 PM »

The good:
instrumentally is sounds good, not great. There's a few heavier tastier riffs. I'm happy they turned mige's bass up in the mix.

The bad:
Short songs. How do u go from Sleepwalking to this. The shortest song on VD is still 23 sec longer than the longest song on Screamworks.
Cliche riffs,song structure. If the music stayed the same, and you put 'my chemical romance' or someone on the cover, I'd throw it away. It has that "American emo" sound which is god awful horrible.
Ville's accent is dead.

I need to let it grow on me. But I can tell it's going to either be worse than DL or just slightly better.

I kinda wish they never got popular in the states, maybe they would have kept their darker sound.

Can you seriously get over the whole "Americanized" excuse BS. It's no different than what they've done in the past. Only thing that is noticeably different are the drums are more upfront and guitar is more crisp. Lyrics are much better than anything else before and the vocals are amazing.

You actually contradict yourself in the same post lol. You start out saying how lyrics, vocals, music are great and then later on you trash it. Sounds to me you're just looking for something to complain about.

I've been on a HIM binge for the past week or two. There's such a HUGE difference in the atmosphere of the music from glsv666s through LM and DL-screamworks.

hmmm, what happened during DL? o, I know! they went across the pond to sunny CA and got a happy go lucky American producer to make the album. And although dark light went gold, they lost a huuuuge part of their fan base because their sound was too polished, and it lacked the 'scandinavian' darker sound. Then band got smart and brought back Hilli to help produce VD along with mr palmer. Recorded in Helsinki during the winter. Whadya know, a true 'love metal' album. But all those poor lil hot topic goth kids were so upset because their sensitive little ears couldn't handle it and they wanted their wings of a butterfly back. Now screamworks is right back here in the states. And once again, disappointment. I'm sorry that you dont hear what people say when they mean Americanized. It's not bs, it's right there in front of you.

actually i'm not contradicting myself, and I'm not complaining. I am still finding something positive in all aspects. Believe it or not, you can like and dislike something.
"Drink a lot of whisky and shake my butt to some love metal" -Rasta666

Offline Goetia

• Cafone
  • never love anything to much, you cannot see it die
« Reply #1054 on: February 05, 2010, 06:43:09 PM »

The good:

The bad:
Ville's accent is dead.

I've been on a HIM binge for the past week or two. There's such a HUGE difference in the atmosphere of the music from glsv666s through LM and DL-screamworks.

hmmm, what happened during DL? o, I know! they went across the pond to sunny CA and got a happy go lucky American producer to make the album. And although dark light went gold, they lost a huuuuge part of their fan base because their sound was too polished, and it lacked the 'scandinavian' darker sound. Then band got smart and brought back Hilli to help produce VD along with mr palmer. Recorded in Helsinki during the winter. Whadya know, a true 'love metal' album. But all those poor lil hot topic goth kids were so upset because their sensitive little ears couldn't handle it and they wanted their wings of a butterfly back. Now screamworks is right back here in the states. And once again, disappointment. I'm sorry that you dont hear what people say when they mean Americanized. It's not bs, it's right there in front of you.

actually i'm not contradicting myself, and I'm not complaining. I am still finding something positive in all aspects. Believe it or not, you can like and dislike something.

I totally agree with you!!! and may i just add guess the more money you make or the bigger a record company is...there goes your own truly unique (and i might just force this term in here) "underground"  style.  =>>>> Hello music that "sensitive little ears " can handle

Offline stigmata92

« Reply #1055 on: February 05, 2010, 07:03:33 PM »
I'm pretty sure that Dark Light was produced by Tim Palmer, the same person who produced Love Metal.

Offline lastxcallforsin

« Reply #1056 on: February 05, 2010, 07:12:01 PM »
Both Tim Palmer and Hiili Hiilesmaa worked on Love Metal. They both worked on Venus Doom as well.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 07:23:14 PM by lastxcallforsin »

Offline Len777

« Reply #1057 on: February 05, 2010, 08:43:49 PM »
Both Tim Palmer and Hiili Hiilesmaa worked on Love Metal. They both worked on Venus Doom as well.

Tim Palmer produced dl by himself as well as mixed it himself. he only mixed love metal. and he co produced vd with hiili

and by the way going over across the pond and using an american producer  for darklight is false tim palmer is from the uk. matt squire is american from washington dc and he did a hell of a better job then the brit.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 08:45:45 PM by Len666 »

Offline loveslastbreath

« Reply #1058 on: February 05, 2010, 08:49:14 PM »
im wondering how long it will be before they just let hilli produce an album with them. he seems to always bring out the best in the band.

Offline Rumskeetskeet

• Cafone
  • Love's The Funeral of Hearts...
« Reply #1059 on: February 05, 2010, 10:09:08 PM »
HOLY SHIT, I absolutely love Acoustic Funeral (For Love In Limbo), I think it just jumped above Like St. Valentine as my favorite on this album. Still listening to all the songs, but I am impressed; sure Valo and the band has lost a bit of their dark, finnish luster, but for them to keep on going and taking this direction I love Screamworks.

Scream me a dream untouched by shadow...

Offline JulienVlad

« Reply #1060 on: February 05, 2010, 10:33:56 PM »
I wanna hear all Screamworks acoustic

Offline Filipo Solari

« Reply #1061 on: February 06, 2010, 12:37:50 AM »
matt squire is american from washington dc and he did a hell of a better job then the brit.

Damn, youre so right
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 12:39:35 AM by Jørgen Cøz »

Offline lastseason

« Reply #1062 on: February 06, 2010, 04:55:47 AM »
The 2cd edition is leak....

Offline jbruton616

« Reply #1063 on: February 06, 2010, 07:10:37 AM »
screamworks for me is a bit hit and miss i like every track but dont like it as album, i had same problem with placebos battle for the sun every track on its good in its own right to much of the same tempo, but i do think the more metal sounding riffs are americanized or commericalized riffs what ever u wanna call it ville said he wanted it to bigger more accesable to everyone and how do you do that, well if your first 6 albums havent already done that you take out what you'e done in the past and put more of what sells more which is what has been done, great effort guys i see big things for this album but for me a few tracks here few tracks there and were all good if i had to say what current favs are probs katherine wheel and the last track (which if someone makes a hardcore remix it should wor really well plus it would be cool to rave along to him)

Offline jbruton616

« Reply #1064 on: February 06, 2010, 07:36:59 AM »
jenX itunes have 3 live bonus tracks taken from the helldone gigs heartkiller, scared to death and love the hardest way :-p

Offline jbruton616

« Reply #1065 on: February 06, 2010, 08:00:43 AM »
yeah same here to be honest hopefully that will be saved for decent b-sides off of the next singles i hope the acoustic version of the album is pretty sweet listening to it now and yay this is how all abums should be released

Offline jbruton616

« Reply #1066 on: February 06, 2010, 08:01:31 AM »
whats with the karma on the post things cause mine just keeps going down lol

Offline jbruton616

« Reply #1067 on: February 06, 2010, 08:09:35 AM »
yeah one commercial album and not so commerical album its a shame the didnt do more off venus doom because love in cold blood and and bleedwell were sweet sleep walking past hope acoustic would have been sweet

Offline jbruton616

« Reply #1068 on: February 06, 2010, 08:11:17 AM »
is anyone else here going to the gig on the 14th of feb

Offline heartagram_616

• I'm reaching for your shadow Drowning in the Kiss Of Dawn
  • Mobbed Up
  • Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell
« Reply #1069 on: February 06, 2010, 08:34:19 AM »
B-side bonuses would be good.
Yes definitely liking the acoustic disc, it's almost like having two separate albums.

Karma is nothing to worry about, ha, just be good in the forum and it might get better ;)

how did your album come before mine lol

where did you order it heartagram.com, HMV or amazon?

Offline heartagram_616

• Mobbed Up
« Reply #1070 on: February 06, 2010, 08:51:46 AM »
the hut?

ive never heard of it lol

Offline heartagram_616

• Mobbed Up
« Reply #1071 on: February 06, 2010, 08:57:06 AM »
Sometimes it's ok http://www.thehut.com/ and fast on the pre-orders it appears ;)

?11.93 and free delivery dude you did well lol

BTW LIVE CHAT lol - http://thesacrament.net/forum/index.php?action=chat
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 08:57:56 AM by heartagram_616 »

Offline heartagram_616

• Mobbed Up
« Reply #1072 on: February 06, 2010, 09:05:54 AM »
i new addition to the site very cool its a irc chat client thing lol

10% its says you saved 37% lol

how you finding the new album

Offline powernoize

« Reply #1073 on: February 06, 2010, 09:07:23 AM »
i think the acoustic cd leaked as well....just saw it :)

Offline heartagram_616

• Mobbed Up
« Reply #1074 on: February 06, 2010, 09:09:28 AM »
yes it has  ;D

but this is interesting if we didnt have a leak

Album Redemption Codes- Act Now!

If you've purchased an advance ticket to a North American HIM show, you're entitled to a digital download of the full Screamworks album for every ticket purchased! Today, February 5, is the last day of the offer, and packages still available in select markets.

To redeem your album, go to http://www.warnerbrosrecords.com/himtourmusic You'll need the special code that came to you in an email from Ticketmaster or your local ticketing company.

http://www.heartagram.com/news/2010/02/05/album-redemption-codes-act-now#comments