Author Topic: Update On New Album  (Read 12023 times)

Offline Len777

Re: Update On New Album
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2007, 03:44:59 PM »
lol he hasn't told me anything yet i'm still hoping.

Offline Jay

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2007, 04:10:45 PM »
Think about it would mean for you...fame, notoriety, power!

(Until somebody else posts it up in another forum and takes all the credit) 

:)

Offline alterego

• Made Man
  • love me, like you love the sun
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2007, 04:46:00 PM »
all i'm saying is that any album is going to be better than dark light, quite frankly...

SmokeAndMirrors

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2007, 11:05:49 PM »
You fail to acknowledge that it's the best album to come out, from any band, since its release.

Offline lastxcallforsin

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2007, 12:42:36 AM »
I'm sure many people on this board think better albums have been released since Dark Light. I believe it can get much worse. Dark Light was a good album in my opinion, though a few of the songs disappointed me. DSBH is probably my least favorite.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 12:51:20 AM by lastxcallforsin »

Offline Jerry Lee

• It's Love Cancer baby
  • A Fucking Legend
  • I love my Sacrament sweethearts! :-)
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2007, 02:07:36 PM »
GLSV666-Amazing 9/10
Razorblade Romance- Fucking amazing 10/10
Deep Shadows- Pretty damn good 8/10
Love Metal- YEAH MAN!!! 8/10
And Love Said No- Yay new song! Rock on man 7/10
Dark Light- Eh, not what I was expecting, but I fell in love with it with time. 8/10
New album- Pray for the best. Pending.

Offline buddings

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2007, 07:16:55 AM »
GLSV666- 8/10
Razorblade Romance- 8/10
Deep Shadows-  9/10
Love Metal- 10/10
And Love Said No-  6/10
Dark Light- 3/10

my personal view, love metal by far my fave closely followed by dsabh
Dope + danny = explosion

Offline alterego

• Made Man
  • love me, like you love the sun
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2007, 12:38:47 PM »
oh why not...

GLSV666- 9/10
RR- 10/10
DSBH- 7/10
LM- 10/10
ALSN- 8/10
DL-  4/10

i'm sorry i mean vampire heart is a classic and the only reason i listen to the album at all.  and RR was my first and really like my favorite album of all time, although LM comes close. 

Offline muschy

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2007, 01:17:25 PM »
GLSV666 - 7/10    Favorites - It's All Tears, Our Diabolikal Rapture

RR - 9.5/10   Favorites - Resurrection, Right Here in My Arms

DSBH - 9/10    Favorites - Heartache Every Moment, Please Don't Let it Go

LM - 10/10   Favorites - The Sacrament, Endless Dark, Circle of Fear

DL - 8/10   Favorites - Vampire Heart, Face of God
I see a tulip on the grave of a lover who confessed, "I'm a soldier and a poet
But I'm a dancer at best."

Offline lastxcallforsin

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2007, 04:18:40 PM »
GLSV666 - 8/10    Favorites - Your Sweet 666, Our Diabolikal Rapture, For You

Razorblade Romance - 10/10    Favorites - Poison Girl, Join Me, Right Here In My Arms

DSBH - 4/10    Favorites - Salt In Our Wounds, Close To The Flame, Don't Close Your Heart

Love Metal - 9/10    Favorites - Beyond Redemption, Sweet Pandemonium, The Sacrament

Dark Light - 8/10    Favorites - Wings of a Butterfly, Under The Rose, Behind The Crimson Door

Offline Tauriainen

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2007, 08:13:39 PM »
I'm sure many people on this board think better albums have been released since Dark Light. I believe it can get much worse. Dark Light was a good album in my opinion, though a few of the songs disappointed me. DSBH is probably my least favorite.
You just let Uncle Tim Palmer to fuck the old fans up even more.
Basically the band will not return to that root of actual Finnish Rock because they have a big label to please. They do not have intentions to break the usual Song Pattern they have done for a while now.

By the way, why is everyone giving points to ALSN? There is only one new song (that was in the Pop genre), one cover song (which was badly mixed), and for the UK Fans a song that was withheld from being released in R.R. UK Edition for some odd reason.
I'd give D.L. a 2.

Offline Daedalus

• The Sac Hoarder
  • Hitman
  • Made Man
    • Heartagram Daily
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2007, 06:58:05 PM »
GLS 666 - 8/10 - Favorite tracks - It's All Tears, The Heartless, When Love and Death Embrace
R.R. 9/10 - Right Here In My Arms, Bury Me Deep Inside, Sigilum Diaboli
DSBH - 10/10 - Heartache Every Moment, In Joy and Sorrow, Pretending
Love Metal - 8.5/10 - Funeral of Hearts, Circle of Fear, Endless Dark
Dark Light - 7.5/10 - Vampire Heart, Under The Rose, Venus (In our Blood)
Come love me 'till it hurts, dance the neon noir with me.

Offline Thanatos

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2007, 10:29:02 PM »
gls 10/10  heaviest and dark cd from him
rbr 10/10   the best
dsbh 7/10  too soft
lLM 9/10
greatest hits 8/10
dark light 6/10

Offline Violet

• Meep.
  • Cafone
  • So....we met again Mr. Valo
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2007, 11:03:24 PM »
I thought 'dark light' was a good alumb, but no where near there best. But without my friends telling me that I'd love it, I would have never got it, listened to it, fell in love with it, and went on a mad insane HIM cd finding rade. lol It lead me to they're trurly great alumbs and I hope to god that this next almub is good. Which I know it will be. I just can't believe they will let us down. But.....sadly you never know.

GLSV666 - 9/10    Favorites - For You, Our Diabolikal Rapture, It's All Tears

Razorblade Romance - 8/10    Favorites - Razorblade Kiss, Join Me, Sigillum Diaboli, Gone with the sin

DSBH - 6/10    Favorites - Lose You Tonight, Pretending, Beauitful, Love You Like I Do

Love Metal - 9/10    Favorites - Beyond Redemption, Sweet Pandemonium, Circle Of Fear

Dark Light - 8/10    Favorites - Vampire Heart, Killing Loneliness, The Face Of God, In The Nightside Of Eden

Offline Jambo

« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2007, 07:56:52 AM »
The new album is going to be shit. You can tell already. HIM are on a bigger label now which demands better things, which for us fans is worse music.

I'm looking forward to hearing the new Boy Kill Boy album more than this crap.

Gemma

« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2007, 09:54:49 AM »
I hate to admit it but I don't doubt for a second you're right, I'd love to be proved wrong when the album finally surfaces but at best HIM are pretty one dimensional anyway - the songs are always about one of two subjects, this used to be acceptable because the music had backbone, I can't see them getting it back, Ville can spout all day long "oh yeah it'll be so much harder" no lets face it, it'll be what the record company wants.

individuality does not extend itself to the owned.

Dunno about boy kill boy [first album was pretty good though] but my moneys on Manic Street Preachers & Editors albums this year, I know who's album I'll be handing over my cash for.
no way another HIM albums coming into my house unless I've downloaded it first, I'm pretty damn sure they owe me £17.00 in WTF? for dark light.

Offline S. Carnage Esq.

• An Oil Man
  • Mobbed Up
  • Groovy
    • Twitter
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2007, 07:43:41 PM »
All I'm expecting is a few more Dark Lights before the band gives up and leaves Ville in the dust. At which point we'll a Ville pull a very "Richard Ashcroft move" and start a solo career that will more or less go nowhere.

We'll all still love him, but the only news that anyone else will ever see is an appearance on a low-end late night talk show every few years.

Face it guys, Love Metal was the end of the "True HIM." I hate to be cynical, but that seems the most logical situation.

Offline Alone I Break

• Te Amo mi amor con todo mi corazon
  • Mobbed Up
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2007, 08:10:55 PM »
All I'm expecting is a few more Dark Lights before the band gives up and leaves Ville in the dust. At which point we'll a Ville pull a very "Richard Ashcroft move" and start a solo career that will more or less go nowhere.

We'll all still love him, but the only news that anyone else will ever see is an appearance on a low-end late night talk show every few years.

Face it guys, Love Metal was the end of the "True HIM." I hate to be cynical, but that seems the most logical situation.

as much as i agree with you i still think HIM has a few tricks up their sleeves atleast one last good album before it's all over for good...

as far as Ville's solo career i couldnt agree more if it even get to a solo career....

Offline S. Carnage Esq.

• An Oil Man
  • Mobbed Up
  • Groovy
    • Twitter
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2007, 11:03:25 AM »
Don't get me wrong, the albums will still be good, but no where near the magic that was their first 4. There will be a bunch more good songs, but in my mind, I see And Love Said No as their grand send-off.

Fucking greatest hits compliations.

Offline SolitaryHeartache

• is Drunk on Shadows...and beer.
  • Mobbed Up
    • MySpace
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2007, 12:44:32 PM »
Why is everyone dumping on the band?

They took a direction alot of fans wanted.  Granted, Dark Light wasn't a classic but there are some real solid tracks on that album.  If anyone is taking notice of the interviews the band are given, the attitude surrounding the band and what is influencing them...you might see that they realise Dark Light wasn't great and they are going to try again this time round.  Get used to bands not being as awesome every outing.  You're gonna listen to them anyway.

I can't remember the interview but wasn't there a time recently where Ville was bashing Dark Light/letting of hints of what he is going for?

Offline Jerry Lee

• It's Love Cancer baby
  • A Fucking Legend
  • I love my Sacrament sweethearts! :-)
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2007, 01:27:26 PM »
I will love HIM no matter what, they have helped me a lot in my days, I am not just gonna let them go.

Dark Light... to me it was a very good album, just didnt have much a HIM feel at first. It had grown onto me though.

Offline valo66.6

« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2007, 01:39:01 PM »
i will have to agree on that one..HIM is the fuckin greatest no matter what they will be number one for me....they have a deep impact lyrically on you that just grow on you and they find away to suck the emotion out of you as u relate to some songs.....they helped me in writin lyrics for my band etc...and i would say that my rating of the albums would go like this....startin from my fav

1. Love Metal.... 10/10

2. Razorblade Romance.... 10/10

3. DSBH.... 9/10

4. GLS VOL 666.....8/10...

5. Dark Light ......7/10 ....not enough guitar riffs solos etc...

n the rest is about the same....

Dont Fear -{H}-{I}-{M}- The Reaper

Offline muschy

« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2007, 02:56:55 PM »
personally i would love to hear a Valo solo album probably more than i would like a new HIM one.... theres something about the acoustic HIM songs that set them apart
I see a tulip on the grave of a lover who confessed, "I'm a soldier and a poet
But I'm a dancer at best."

Offline Len777

« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2007, 05:08:17 PM »
just read this on H-I-M666.com ,Summer festival dates in Finland, New album on July¿?

Info taken directly from himfinland.net:

HIM has been confirmed to play the Ilosaarirock and Miljoona Rock festivals in Finland this summer. They´ll be hitting the stage alongside other Finnish bands including PMMP, Apulanta, Popeda, Neljä Ruusua, Eppu Normaali, as well as legendary German rockers The Scorpions and British prog-rockers Porcupine Tree.

Read more on the Ilosaarirock and Miljoona Rock websites.

Meanwhile, the band will begin recording their new album later this month
at Finnvox studios in Helsinki, with producers Tim Palmer (Love Metal, Dark Light) and Hiili Hiilesmaa (Greatest Lovesongs Vol.666, Dark Light). This as-yet untitled album will be released worldwide sometime in July, while lucky Finnish festival-goers will be treated to a performance of new material at the Miljoona Rock festival and the following day at Ilosaarirock festival.

• Leer más | 13/02/2007

Uneasy Listening vol. 2 in April

Acoording with some online stores the release date of uneasy listening vol 2 will be April 25. No more info at the moment. Will update when more info available, as artwork or tracklist.

source: cdon.fi

• Leer más | 12/02/2007

and himfinland.net has direct offiliation with the band

Offline lastxcallforsin

« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2007, 03:12:45 AM »
There gonna start recording already? Release in July?? Good news!! They better play a festival that has a webcast!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 03:15:02 AM by lastxcallforsin »